Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

series II P-Audio SN-12MB in X12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:13pm
nice. encouraging.
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:39pm

If they're anything similar in sound quality to the 10" version they should be fantastic. The SN10MB series II is the best midwoofer I've ever heard, regardless of cost. It's quite simply astonishing when it comes the clarity of voices, pretty much on par with my Fostex FE206 in BLH in that respect, and that's saying a whole lot actually.

EDIT: And to answer a previous question in this thread, the 10" version needed about a week of run-in 24/7 to loosen up so I'd expect the same from the 12" version.

Edited by Saturnus - 11 January 2011 at 3:43pm
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:03pm
Saturnus, have you tested the powerhandling?

We trew 1100W RMS for many nights at it and it only came back for moreTongue
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 7:37pm

Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

Saturnus, have you tested the powerhandling?

No, power handling doesn't really interest me that much. Pretty much any well constructed speaker can take oceans of power. But also because I don't have an amp with enough power to actually really test it. My biggest amp is 300W into 8 Ohms, more than enough for almost anything, and not big enough to damage almost any driver except some high frequency drivers with improper filtering.

Sound quality is much more important to me given that it's supposed to reproduce the midrange spectrum and especially voices.

Power handling is more interesting for a bass speaker IMO.

EDIT: Let me interject here that many people focus way too much on having big and capable sub stacks. When it comes down to it really, any speaker system without a well sounding midrange will always sound bad no matter how good a bass range it has.

Edited by Saturnus - 11 January 2011 at 8:04pm
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 8:12pm
this is what we have developed using SN10MB
http://www.forum.poweraudio.ro/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10653
it is loaded with SN10MB , Selenium D220Ti  and PH1919 from P-audio

the passive crossover is our own design with electronic protection for the HF (faster transistors instead of slow lamps)

Edited by Mircea Bartic - 11 January 2011 at 8:12pm
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
rossino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2015 at 1:14pm
Hi jerronimo.
You wrote in a comment that you "SN 12 MB can get them for around 140,- euro a piece" Can you tell me where you can buy them at a such reasonable price? I want to replace the speakers in my line array system. First of all just in one and to see how it works.

Edited by rossino - 17 January 2015 at 1:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12