Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phasing issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phasing issues
    Posted: 01 June 2010 at 6:56pm
Hi there,
currentlty running a system with 8 looney bins on infinate 8's and xtro's on infinate 5 and dime 4's
currently in 2 stacks of 4 bins and 1 xtro getting 2 more x-tros soon to cover it but got 4 punisher v2 cabs thinking of getting them loaded and putting 2 punishers either side inbetween the looney's and xtro's would i get any phasing issues or loss of quality over the system?

cheers
Ali
Digga Sounds
noislinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noislinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 4:29pm
hi ali,
chances are you'd get as much destrucive interferance as constructive interference, due to the different phase responses. Frquencies that are in phase will be boosted and those frequencies 180degree out of phase will cancel.
so virtually any variation in the cab or driver, running in the same bandwidth will always skew the freuency response and definition of the system.
But until you tr it you'll never really know. You could be incredibly lucky and find the phase differences compliment the frequency response, or could be even luckier and find that the phase response can be made to couple with the 1850.
so prob not worth it. you should try to do a linkup with DAVE and see how it sounds?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 4:42pm
Aren't your Xtros the old DAVE ones? I'm sure I saw their tatty fabric in the 8" horns!

Also, I've tried Punishers and genuine Looneys together in the past. Don't bother.
noislinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noislinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 2:45pm
erm.. no theyre my old xtro's. i apologise for the rough cut fabric, always wanted to upgrade them to the XT8 mid horn but sold them before i got round to it.
i think DAVE liked the look of my 60 second baffletex job and tried to simulate the effect
 Post Reply Post Reply