Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for wedge plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheChuckwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for wedge plans
    Posted: 01 June 2010 at 7:39pm
I am wondering if anyone on here has designed monitors not unlike the EAW SM159Z? I am looking to build something that is compact yet powerful for a smaller stage setup. I Like the design of these guys, but the cost of them is a bit ridiculous.

Let me know what you have got.

I am also wondering about a drum fill plan as well. Something smaller is size as again the stage is not huge.

Thanks Much!
djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 7:45pm
A coaxial monitor, like the microwedge?
"If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough!"
TheChuckwagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheChuckwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 8:47pm
I like the Microwedge, but I honestly do think I need to go that small. I used the SM109z at a college venue and was super impressed. They are tiny yet extremely loud. I guess what I am looking for is alongside some options with plans is some advice on what would be good to use in the space. I would like at least four monitors and a drum fill.

The space I am building these for is going to be completely redone over the summer. It is an underground non profit venue that is located in an old auto parts building. We just received a new (old) stage that was donated by another local venue. I will put a photo up as soon as I can so you can see what the space looks like.

I am just getting tired of hauling all of my monitors over every time we need them. It has become to often. I decided that my contribution to the space would be to build a new system on mainly my own dollar. That way I didn't have to make a palm to forehead every time I got to prepare for a show.

Let me know from this info what you think.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheChuckwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 8:52pm
Here is a photo of the space with the new stage. As you can see in the upper left hand corner, we saved some of the old stage to use a riser for the drum fill so that we maximized the space available on the stage.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 9:07pm
Here,
http://forum.speakerplans.com/beyma-plans_topic39685.html
one of those two pdfs have some nice coaxial wedges.

Edited by MarjanM - 01 June 2010 at 9:09pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheChuckwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 9:22pm
Awesome, thanks!

Ill check these out.
 Post Reply Post Reply