Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" ported horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 10:14am
as djk says to reduce mouth size and make it usable in singles. also to reduce the horn length and minimise the amount of folding to get it into a reasonable depth box. it's 70cm deep the same as my subs and only one 90 degree bend at the start of the horn. hopefully phase plug and symetrical loading of the cone will help reduce distortion.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 2:27pm
Looks goodSmile

I don't think porting this horn is a nonsense. Yes it might create some integration problems, but how else do you reach that SPL in that size box with a single cab/driver?
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:45pm
here are the plans

Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:54pm
What drivers do you recommend?
Do you have a simulated or better a measured response plot of these kick cabs?
Very compact design! Would it be possible to leave the last horn mouth section to make it even more compact?
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:26pm
so the porting fire inside the horn?
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 4:15pm

is designed for 18sound 15NLW9400 but have loaded them with the 15ND930 at the moment as I had a pair of those lying around. eventually will have the 15NLW9400 in my tapped subs, in these kick horns, and as the bass in full range tops/monitors.

can't shorten the horn any more without reducing the low end. was quite tricky getting the rear chamber length, port length and horn length to work together and give a flatish simulated response. hoping someone is interested enough to help me do some acurate measurements as I don't have a laptop or a decent mic any more and can't find my signal generator.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12