Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

alternative plans for ciare 12.00 sw???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alternative plans for ciare 12.00 sw???
    Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:18pm
considering that punishers wont go much lower than 45hz, are there any other
proofed plans out for ciare 12.00 sw to go lower???
djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:24pm
"If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough!"
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:28pm
thanks for the quick answer djyves!
but i am actually looking more for a pa speaker with (at least almost) the same output as the punisher but more low end, longer horn ect...
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 11:16pm
EAW BH760 kind of box would work great with the 12.oo sw

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 4:34pm
simulated it with hornresp, but without modifications it doesnt look so well...
has anybody built it yet, or sth similar as the bh760 with ciare and already tested?
cheers
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 5:20pm
You should play a little with the back chamber and the throat figures.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 10:27pm
i was going to suggest a 12" version of the TAS Sub.  i am having one built right now for testing.  small mouth area limits resp down to around 50-55hz in a field.  in a corner i cant imagine any other similarly sized 12" loaded horn going as loud and low in singles (according to hornresp).  place a pair in a v-plate arrangement outside and im seeing some rather tasty predictions indeed  
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 12:07am
i saw the posts about the tas sub and the monolith....what a piety that there are no reasonable measurements out yet.i am very interested in the design coz when i play with hornresp and the ciare it seems like there is a limiting factor for the max. spl / going low relation to size.maybe you already saw this
http://forum.speakerplans.com/ciare-12sw-horn_topic40106.html
what a piety that noone was interested to write/talk more about this, coz im pretty sure that here are some people that knows a lot about loudspeaker physics and could predict pretty well if its a good idea or not.
from what i think yes, only the compression rate makes me worry, but maybe the ciare could take it as it is a pretty small speaker with a quite stiff membrane and a good motor system.

tell us more about your 12" TAS version please.did you do some tests yet?
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 10:37am
no tests.  just basic modelling.  looks good corner loaded - which is often a option in pubs where small pa's are used.  i have to say, from the pics i have been sent of the mini TAS being built, its not as compact as i imagined.  check my thread on the new projects forum..  
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
 Post Reply Post Reply