Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp to drive 4x PD.1850

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by dOpeShack dOpeShack wrote:

HI, im new here and this is my first post!
I got 4 scoops equiped with PD1850 - 800W /8ohm each.

Til now i was driving them with a T.amp Proline 3000 (2x1500W / 4ohm) - 2xPD.1850 // on each channel (= 1600W / 4ohm).

Sorry to raise a dead topic, but it seems like the OP is one step ahead of myself. I'm looking at running 2 (and in the near future 4) scoops with PD.1850's. Did the Proline handle them okay and was the only reason for you changing to a better setup because you suddenly got a bigger budget?
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:43pm
The proline is regarded (on this forum) as one of the best budget sub amps you can buy, they were even better a few years ago when the euro pound exchange rate was more favourable. They are tried and tested on demanding sub duty (read scoops) by members on here.
Night Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 1:56am
Hexcellent! That's what we like to hear. Cheers for the feedback.
dOpeShack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOpeShack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:57am
I drove 2 PD.1850 per side of a proline and clipped (it is my fault, still it clipped real quickly) and burned two PD.1850 out of the 4. Not enough headroom. I got a void inf8 now which i bought for 1000euros.
What people recommend in here with the proline is bridge it to drivge only two PD.1850, then you have plenty of headroom. But then for 4 scoops you'd still need two prolines, and then can get a high end amp like the void for the same price.
PEACE
King HiFi - Heavyweight Dancehall System
Night Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 12:10am
Ever-more useful information. Would be a good one to get for a couple of 1850 scoops then? I suppose in due course I could upgrade to a Void, as I dont think Ill be jumping for 4 scoops until next sumer. atleast. What're their depreciation timelines like?
 Also, how would a couple of Fane Colossus 18XB do though the Proline?
Jaszol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaszol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 9:43am
DOpeShack (or anybody) Did you Try to put 8 scoops with PD1850 on that Voind infinite 8v2?? 
I heard this is  best combination for it 2ohms/ 3800 per channel which means just above 800RMS per speaker..

BTW anyone got spare one for sale??
dOpeShack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOpeShack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 10:32am
Only got 4 scoops for now king... Running two per channel fine. could be an option to try that configuration in the future.
King HiFi - Heavyweight Dancehall System
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Jaszol Jaszol wrote:

DOpeShack (or anybody) Did you Try to put 8 scoops with PD1850 on that Voind infinite 8v2?? 
I heard this is  best combination for it 2ohms/ 3800 per channel which means just above 800RMS per speaker..

BTW anyone got spare one for sale??

Elektrical on here had an infinite 8 mk2 for sale check the for sale section.

think the guys who run neuron audio have one for sale it might of gone

can't remeber their speaker plans names..
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:18pm
Sorry to go off topic but do you guys really class void amps as top quality? Mean if you had the money would you pick void over the others?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:47pm
what's top quality in your view jace? 

F.T.S.S.
Vaso_Bobinata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaso_Bobinata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 5:32pm
Same issues here 😋
What second hand amp or amps for 8 pd1850 in 1850 horn.
Or maybe new fp10000 or FP 14000clone from Sanway or sinbosen.

Thanks
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 8:36pm
get in touch with "timebomb" on here.. 1 of his "Nebula" 4ch Amps should easily cope with 8 1850 horns.. ;) (tried and tested myself running 8 18nlw9000s..)

Or get "Industry Standard" Amps like Powersoft K10/20 if you got 2-3grand spare..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123