Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bedroom mixing monitor / speaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by tekoffensive tekoffensive wrote:

my alesis mk2's were pretty good for mixing on, thats what they were mostly used for and never had any problems, they sounded nice and clear and were twice as easy to mix on compared to my old stereo speakers which i used before,  makes it alot easier to hear, especially at lower volumes

+1, i use some for nearfield 'monitoring' (ie: computer speakers) with a 12" sub underneath, awesome lil cabs, nice and loud, plenty of bass (active highpass to take out bass they cant handle which is nice), and hold their value rediculously well - £40 difference between new and used on ebay atm!!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
TheVarsek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheVarsek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 11:54am
Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Hi - dunno if you particularly want/need an active speaker, but - well I have a pair of AKG LSM50 here ..... these are basically an AKG clone of the well-known "Auratone" .... google em if you're not au fait.

Used to be/maybe still are an accepted industry standard in the film/videoTV  post environment.

Bass rolls off a bit early, but overall they're exceptionally "neutral" ....

http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/psfile/datei/77/LSM50_leaf4055d4f4a2cce.pdf

N.B. they have XLR connectors.

Perfect working order - not perfect cosmetically, but fne.

Yours for £80 quid ....

Hi, sorry to revive this old thread. How do you connect a PA to the AKGs? Would you recommend a PA with jack output and have a jack-to-xlr cable, or to use a standard xlr adaptor from a stripped cable? In the latter case which one should be the hot and which one the cold (and how about the 3rd pin?)...?

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12