Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

patching/addressing problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: patching/addressing problem
    Posted: 16 September 2010 at 4:54pm
hey guys,

iv been given the task of getting two ypoc 575 pro's working along with the 8 250's that are already working, im using an Avolites azure and a GLP db4 splitter.

iv never done this in my life and im have some awful trouble, iv followed the video on the avolites website to patch it in and i think iv that done,

so what i done

pugged in the mover and set the dmx to 16 , i took a line out from the split (line one as it was free)
and put it into the mover, i then followed the patch instructions on  the website,

to the best of my know how i thought this would work as the fixture now shows up on my fixture menue , but now, not a move out of it when i selected it as i would the 250's

reallllly need to get this up and going befor monday, all help welcomed :)
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 7:52pm
can you get the thing to "home" if you select the thing and hit "locate fixture"?

Sound to me like you may it in the wrong DMX mode and the P/T channels aren't where the Avo is expecting them.....

DMX 16 sounds an unlikey address for you set up, each 250 will have taken a pile of addresses (not knowing mode I can't be more specific) but assuming (never a good Idea) that the 250s are in first an from add 1 try setting one 575 to 300 DMX and the other to 400 and then patch 2 fictures to your board as start 400 and start 500.

The Avo will tell what DMX start addresses are free as you add the fixtures and you can use these, I athink you have 16ch control mixed up with a #16 start address....

Smile
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 12:14am
woooo

got it shorted,

it was all down to me, set them at 250 and 270 and away they went,

never done anything like that so was prety happy when the lights went to home when
powered them up hahaa,

gona get my 600mw laser going now this week too,

must pop up pics / vids of the venue, looking lush this last week

cheers for the help
 Post Reply Post Reply