Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Earthquake Builder !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Regarding sound systems playing too loud.

A few months back, when ever Ada Shanti-I used to turn on, I must admit, I ended up having to leave the hall, it was unbearable.

It was so so loud & ear piercing, some people in the venue including other sound members used to plug in their ear plugs. When I'd get home, my ears would be ringing & hear a tone for days.

Some complaints must have been made or the owner realized, as now it's not the same. They are playing their mids/tops at a comfortable level & it is crystal clean sounding.

I wonder what mid/tops boxes they are. anyone know ?

None of the other sounds who play there these days plays at an uncomfortable level now, they've all turned down.

I don't think the've turned down much if at all. The other possibility is that all them loud sessions have started to dull your ears (not trying to be rude)

I spoke to Robert briefly after the session on saturday and he asked he what I thought. I told him I thought it was nice but he played too loud for my liking.

He told me that my ears just needed to get used to such levels.....

The last time I heard Shaka play, I left the dance at the end of the night with no ringing in my ears and I didn't feel tired frrom just being there and I actuall danced for once
DUBPLATE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBPLATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 5:51pm

Edited by DUBPLATE - 07 June 2007 at 3:37am
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 6:57pm

my two pence worth on the uod dance last friday was the was lots of energy from earthquake sytem and aba meaning the power was sustainable, earthquake not enough mids and tops to cover the overplayed bassline for the dance considering aba started to play the sound proper after earthquake were trying to o,d on there bass so he matched them nearly for the bass but then overplayed his mids and tops but was the best overall as in the full range of frequencys

channel one bass sounded wooly not prenounced at all even at less levels than the other two there was no clarity in the system but the best range of music that night apart from one culture dub earthquake played
the system seemed off what you was hearing from one stack was not being replicated from the other stacks and they are desperatly in need of some shape or form of compression drivers 800hz up and bullets not piezo 12khz just  think they have gone behind in the game because they have  put the music first but in this current climate you need both

c1 have been in this game so long fighting the fight i can forgive them anything as true veteran of the proper dub seen
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 7:33am
I keep hearing about this Dub by Culture which earthquake played, it must have really been exclusive & that good, makes me need to get a copy of the dance on CD from somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678