Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what to build?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tel_peh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what to build?
    Posted: 09 October 2010 at 7:28pm

Hi

i build g-sub for my friend, and now i would like to build some horn speakers for me :)

i am confused in what to build. 

punisher and xtro or 1850 horn and mt122 or something else.. 

it would be mostly used for house/techno music...

witch is better punisher or 1850 horn and xtro or mt122?

or would it be better to build something else?

thanks.. 

RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 7:43pm
even ive been here long enough to get this one right (i think) 1850horn and mt122 will be fine ive heard.

do you have any amps or drivers already. ?

godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 10:19pm
Yeah I've always wondered that because I would love to build 1850 and xtro combination but don't know whether it would be best, I dont see why not as the xtro covers the mid/high and the 1850 certainly has no problem handling the bass.

It would make for a sick looking rig having an 1850/xtro combination
tel_peh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tel_peh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 11:01pm

i have behringer ep2500 ( :) ) amplifier but no drivers jet...

ok so 1850 horn it is :) .. 

i am also wondering about xtro covering the mid/high section...is it capable of that?

JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 8:20am
I'd say xtro is more than capable of doing that from what I've read, but is difficult to build, and the drivers ain't cheap! ;) 

What do you plan on loading the 1850's with? As you'll probably need more than one EP2500 mate 

Whats your budget if you don't mind me asking, may be able to recommend some other designs :)
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 8:38am
Yeah I got a quote for the drivers to build a pair of xtro's and it was just shy of a grand, not cheap but then it does seem worth it when they just look so good.
Alimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 10:57pm
Drivers for xtro's just shy of a grand? we load ours with all the b&c drivers for them think its about 1600 to load a pair.

We have 8 1850 horn's and 2 xtro's so far got 2 more cabs just need to make some money to load them but xtro's are badman! we've had to use them once covering 10 1850's was a bit too bassy ha but still sounded good and we had a rig with badboy Ass tops next to us which dispersed over a little bit.

I'd say build 1850's and xtro's defo its a great combo but quite expensive what sort of budget you looking at? cause 4 1850's and 2 xtro's is still a great stack.
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 3:29pm
Yeah I can't remember where I got the quote from but it was for all the b&c drivers as stated on the spec sheet for the build but it was definitely not 1600 and closer to 1200 tops I'd say.

My mates got 4 looney bins and a pair of impulse 4t's but there just not quite powerful on the tops and so it all sounds a bit bass heavy.

I'm building myself 4 1850's but loaded with the 1851 drivers and then a pair of xtro's when I can actually afford them so yeah, 8 bins with my xtros and the impulse 4t's should sound very nice indeed
Alimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 8:13pm
Never heard 1850's laoded with the new 1851 drivers is it any good what they like compared to the v18's?, we got ours loaded with the v18-1000 sounjd really good off an inf 8 mk2
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 10:03pm
I've heard they sound out of this world, I think it's goliath or someone on here that says he has 8 1850's loaded up with the new 1851 drivers.

I can imagine the 1851's giving a bit more punch than the voids
tel_peh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tel_peh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 10:38pm
for some reason (car Angry) now budget is limited, im going to build hd15 horns.. later on ill ad some x1 under.. thanks for replays
 Post Reply Post Reply