Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18-BPH First Outing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobbybonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:41pm
looking good :)
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:41pm
get the ES18s doing more of the 60-70hz... they're great bins for this and can go lower than 90..

p.s. really nice boxes Clap

Edited by SBC - 16 December 2010 at 7:41pm
F.T.S.S.
Ray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:34pm
Yeah I would have to agree with SBC, ES18s do 60hz + really really well. We initially made some to run above Hog scoops as kick bins but after hearing what they are capable of on their own we decided to run them as low as poss. The hogs only do 30-60hz now, and the es18s' 60-180. Always amazes me how smooth, accurate and loud they are, and they got some serious kick. Such a good diy box 
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 9:03am
we run either 4 or 8 on there own under floodlights running them around 50hz -200hz
can you get enough power off an ep4000 to run them?
goonerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goonerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:32pm
Ep4000 is adequate for the time being, upgrading amps is phase two, and for some strange reason decent amps seem to cost!!! Still, will press on in the new year.

Will try dropping the frquency a little next time out and see how we get on. Eden Project Christmas party next week, sure they will appreciate the finer subtleties of the system!

Must say you do get an amazing amount of kick from them though.
Roastbeef_records View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roastbeef_records Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by neilpoints neilpoints wrote:

Very tidy work, Goonerman!
Whereabouts are you in Cornwall? Maybe we could do a link-up some time? I'm in Penryn and I have 4 x ES18.

Alright Neil?! - We used to party together! Have you still got these? Are they as good as people are making out for kick bass? I would seriously be up for a linkup, (with XXL's and floodlights).. reggae reggae style in Cornwall next year? LOL
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 5:35pm
That ES BPH 18" is an amazing design, and cheap drivers too Omega's.
BASS, how low can you go!
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2016 at 8:22pm
Would the PD 184 Mk1 work in this cab for kick? Qts is kinda low .25
BASS, how low can you go!
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2016 at 8:50pm
Pics of the full system please, the es18's look lovely
Reverence Sound system

Horntec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horntec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 12:53pm
Hey Man

I saw your "Project" and I have the Same build, but in double 18" like the USB-Bin Subwoofers.
Can you tell me what for a colour did you took to paint the Subwoofers?

That would be nice!
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12