Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

double 15" bass reflexes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: double 15" bass reflexes.
    Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:38am
i am looking to build a double 15" bass reflex for my bedroom  can anyone help me with some designs i want one which can run at low frequencys.   thanks. (i will not pass it on and i am only building one of these.)
Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 3:56am

hi

why such a big box for your bedroom? Music would sound nicer at this volume if you build good hi-fi subs, but you know that for sure.

15" speakers are mostly for low-frequencys....what tops do you have?  You need some mid-high boxes too....But i think this is a Hi-Fi plan what you have.

google after the free programme "WinIsd" f.ex. and download, there you can choose the speaker model and you will find the right box.

AND WHY DO YOU WRITE THIS IN ROOTS AND CULTURE FORUM

good luck mate

Dubaholic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 6:36am
i write this in the roots and culture forum because im a roots and culture man and i want a proper reggae sound system box not a pa style. for mids i have an old 12" horn which has a great sound, and for tops im gonna get a couple of bullets and i also have 4 compression drivers be using one of these as well. also i love farting out bass speakers thats the sound i like not looking for clean and crisp. cheers
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:00am
You want reggae style? Just pick any drivers you can find and stick them in arbitrary boxes!  
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 4:07pm

Originally posted by Dubaholic Dubaholic wrote:

i write this in the roots and culture forum because im a roots and culture man and i want a proper reggae sound system box not a pa style. for mids i have an old 12" horn which has a great sound, and for tops im gonna get a couple of bullets and i also have 4 compression drivers be using one of these as well. also i love farting out bass speakers thats the sound i like not looking for clean and crisp. cheers

LOL well 95 per cent of roots reggae soundsystems use 15 inch or 18 inch scoop bins, not double 15 inch reflex.

But as it's for the bedroom a 12 inch scoop you could get away with.

Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 6:45am

Anyway....rootsman have not much money... i would not spend this in 10 years for my bedroom...u need amps and x-over etc. dont forget this..., nah bredda, go for a little smaller version of this i think...you must always have a loud volume to sound well with these boxes, dont you have neighbours?

10 inch scoop would be nice but double 15" is mostly used for big pa´s like king shiloh or smt. they use dem for 80-400hz around.

toxic, have you got a link for small scoops?

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:29am

I got plans for a 12 inch scoop[smallest scoop plans I got]. Any smaller than that, you will have it design it yourself in horn resp.

Dubaholic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:49am
i wanted to build a double 15 reflex as i have 2 new 15s which i got from the bins of a local pa shop they just throw out perfect stuff. they threw out some pa cabs with amps, speakers etc.. amps made dirty sound so just took speakers and compression drivers out and threw the boxes we got 4 15s all together and 8 compression drivers i had 2 15s so did my m8. not a bad freebie. so speakers for free, i want to run my mids & tops off hi-fi  my amp so its cleaner then i can get a mono block amp 4 a score to run the bass. and i have graphics and my mates got a xover he will give me so all in all it will stand me in £20 for the amp and the wood for the box. cant complain. cool

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:37am

What 15 inchers are they?

http://www.linearteam.dk/

Download a copy of WINISD Beta or Pro, and design and make a suitable box for your two 15 inchers. I'm surpised a single 15 inch reflex is not enough for home use? Cos I recon it is, in a properlly designed cab.

Post Reply Post Reply