Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12V FM tx's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12V FM tx's
    Posted: 24 October 2010 at 1:33am
Anyone ran a 12 FM transmitter??

We used to leave em about on roof tops playing CD on continous for days on end

A large leisure 12V battery can last days and days

10W Crew

LOL
GeorgeE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 8:46am
I remember last time I was using one of them, me and my friend were trying to run our own radio station. Too bad it only transmitted for like 50m. And the kit claimed 1km. damn, even stuck a 15db amp on the output (dunno what happened there either, the signal was worse with the amp).

Gotta get round to building one that goes for a few kms and runs off a 12v. And then sticking it up on a really really high pole and seeing how far it goes. haha
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 9:38am
And hope you don't get busted? Frankly, I don't particularly fancy doing jail time so I'd refrain from such things.
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Saturnus Saturnus wrote:

And hope you don't get busted? Frankly, I don't particularly fancy doing jail time so I'd refrain from such things.

not to mention that you'll also have ALL of your TV/Video/Hi-Fi/Cd's/Records/PC's and everything else remotely related to supporting Illegal Radio transmission in any way taken by the Authorities!

Just not worth the risk with free Internet Radio Station software widely available
Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
samsavenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsavenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 2:35am
check out this vbs docco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGbetsXdBjs

those guys send data to their transmitters with infrared links and monitor the signal on a feedback loop, so if the transmitters are found they'll know right away and have time to hide their shit. I guess it helps if you live in a very densely populated area.

never transmit from your own house... that's just asking for prison.
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 6:45am
Re: "those guys send data to their transmitters with infrared links and monitor the signal on a feedback loop"

The regulatory Authorities must just really appreciate it when things simplify their task in catching these people; just like as has been published here and in the included Youtube link on Public Forums!

Anyone can buy an ex MOD 'Night-Sight' and just look from their garden, or their home where their reception is being interfered with, to see exactly where the IR links are at both ends!

Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply