Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

thomann the box CL 108 review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thomann the box CL 108 review
    Posted: 24 October 2010 at 5:59pm
Ermm

not any reviews (anywhere) so ill add one:

these are quite sensitive, response down to about 150 to 200hz so dont go low. sound a bit harsh and need a fair bit of EQ to flatten them out.

drivers are cheap OEM eminence, build quality is solid.

summary: 

you get what you pay for (and better to go second hand at this price)

Edited by subbass - 24 October 2010 at 6:00pm
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 6:03pm
I just got one for free, and I have to say that too: harsh sounding at upper midrange/low high's.  I'm not sure if its the woofer or horn.. or both.  I'll try to make some tweaks for crossover.

edit: modded the crossover and tweeter(horn) sounds now MUCH sweeter and better!

Edited by Tonskulus - 09 October 2017 at 7:58pm
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 10:02pm
I've had one or two of the Box 'Pro' range and although Thomann don't give them away they're quite nice sounding and the cabs are put together well enough with a decent finish. But of course they came to me for repair!
Kevin

North Staffordshire

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

I've had one or two of the Box 'Pro' range and although Thomann don't give them away they're quite nice sounding and the cabs are put together well enough with a decent finish. But of course they came to me for repair!

LOL. I get that all the time, which laptop shall I buy? Well The blah get hot, these snap their hinges, those have the power connector soldered to the board and cant be..........Everything breaks, from Powersoft to QTX
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply