Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double 12" mid box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double 12" mid box
    Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:59pm

Greetings,

i want to build a box for 2 eminence delta LF (600wtts) for my mid section.

did anyone have a plan for that ? i have test to find the volume with a software called win isd from linear team, software tells me 120 liters. Did it seems right to yu ??

thanks for yur help bredrins;

Lidj weeda

only love can conquer
weeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:00pm

outch

i did forget to mention that it will be for a closed box.

One Love

only love can conquer
Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:50pm

hey,

winisd sometimes have false settings but 120 litres will work fine i think. what freequencies do you want to use it?

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:06pm

e-mail me at cs_gas_187@hotmail.com for the plans. Bloody imageshack doesn't seem to upload large files.

I got some Fane twin 12 inch sealed plans and they are angled too.

Also I recon Eminence Delta 12LF won't make good mids , as thats a bass only driver indicated by the LF meaning low frequency. Fane Classic CLA12.300 would sound much nicer and are one of the drivers the plans use.

Looks like this the mid box.

Edited by ToXiC - 03 April 2006 at 2:35pm
weeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 3:20am

greetings,

thanks for all  bredrins.

i have a mostec preamp soo mids will start at 90hz to go to 4,5khz, i see the eminence delta 12 goes to 50hz to 5khz, wich seems to be what i need.

toxic, i will email yu  bredrin, thanks fe yur help, but what brand of speakers did yu advice I?? i need something at less like 500 wtts rms and in the frequency  of mostec.

the box yu show łe is exactly what i searched.

thanks for all

weeda

only love can conquer
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 2:38pm

Oh so its starting at low/mid frequencies, you originally said about using the Eminence Delta 12LF. Well that only goes up to 3khz so you would have a gap between 3khz-4.5hz and would sound pretty crap.

The Fane Classic CLA12.300 goes up to 5khz, and is rated 300w AES, so thats a better speaker to use and its one of the speakers recommended by the plans I'm sending you.

Edited by ToXiC - 03 April 2006 at 2:45pm
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 8:20am

HI weeda
Your preamp should be crossing over at 130Hz and 4Khz unless you asked me to change it suring build time which I don't think you did

weeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 2:54am

Hi ms keete

yur webpage did change . when did yu do that Mskeete? since yur last graphs? (i have a copy in .doc of yur last page saying frequencys)

before i order the preamp it was writing bass from 0-90 hz   mids  90hz to 4.5khz then top 4.5khz to ...., so that's why i thought my preamp in bass was stopping at 90hz.

It seems that tings changed. Anyway, i am really happy of the answer of the preamp in frequency.and i give thanks to know that now, for i choose the good speakers.

for toxic, thanks for yur mail. will see for fane speakers price and decide soon; thanks for yur help bredrin.

One Love bredrins

Weeda

only love can conquer
 Post Reply Post Reply