Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MKH-230

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 3:11pm
That's basically also what I use plots for but the sensitivity for the mkh-230 is exaggerated by 3dB due to not being fed the same power, so it will confuse many who just looks at it at a glance (or don't know any better). What it also tells me is that the HD15 will be better for especially outdoors use and when used in smaller stacks of just 1 or 2 per side whereas the mkh-230 will be better indoors or in larger stacks of 4-8 per side when used outside. One cannot neglect the price difference as well. A doubling in price is a concern in this day and age given the economic climate. 
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 3:26pm
True, valid point about the drivers. shopping around would defo be in order
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 5:16pm
That sim is for a HD215,  not a single HD15, this design should work well for a ~80-90Hz high pass, i would expect it to be tighter and play higher and and louder than 2 x HD15.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

That sim is for a HD215,  not a single HD15, this design should work well for a ~80-90Hz high pass, i would expect it to be tighter and play higher and and louder than 2 x HD15.

Good catch. Didn't see that. :D

I think, I'd still prefer the HD15 but naturally I have not actually heard the mkh-230. I have heard the HD15 though. And for the use, I can't imagine anything being better. Remains to be seen (heard) though. :D

SebP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 5:11am
Have compared MKH230 vs two HD15, MKH make more level, and has more dynamic.

Edited by SebP - 28 July 2012 at 5:23am
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 11:49am
Originally posted by SebP SebP wrote:

Have compared MKH230 vs two HD15, MKH make more level, and has more dynamic.

ya pics didnt link properly fella... so i fixed them :)

Edited by mini-mad - 28 July 2012 at 11:52am
GUSTEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUSTEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 11:47am
Too me it seems natural that two 12'' drivers will produce tighter cleaner bass than a single 15''... 
Especially given this design, and the mouth entrance also crucial to raising hi freq for intended purpose...

Say take Mykey's horn for X-Tro , stick it on half MKB-230 fits bang on, dangle a high powered ribbon in the 12 section = nice 3 way, then build singles and stack on top for coupling and stacking arrangements... Tongue  getting exited, love those half MKB's!!!!! I wonder if the MKH goe's higher cos less bend? 

At SebP: how high the MKH sound good? Nice build love the JBL's on top! peace

Edited by GUSTEK - 31 July 2012 at 11:48am
-bun down babylon-
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:36pm
Seems like I confused the mkh230 with the mhb230
I like the mkb design better, sounds better, doesn't it?

I'm still in search for the mkb230 hornresp input, they need to be verified.
How does the sound compare to the sound of the Xtro?
The Xtro-kick is really smooth & nice, better than turbosound tse-115 if u ask me!

Edited by tv00 - 01 January 2015 at 11:24pm
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 10:56pm
I like these too!! 8 singles would be really handy for scaling and lifting! the recommended driver isn't crazy money either . 
leodica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leodica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 5:17pm
Hi everyone,

I'm currently searching for measurements plots of the mkh-230...anyone has compared the simulation curves that can be found with the plan with real measurements ?

Thanks !
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2019 at 6:43am
could do some measurements with 12fh520 vs 12hp1020 asap..
by ear they sound ok to me on kickfill using fh520s.. :)
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2019 at 10:39am
Hi 
Always been curious about this design vs common bandpass  kicks, would really appreciate some measurements!
Thanks

Edited by Jo bg - 24 February 2019 at 10:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12