Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Class D Speakers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:09pm
I used those SPD12 drivers on midrange horns, 200 to 1500Hz, 400W each, for about a year, and everybody loved them. Best I could do at the time.
Never heard any of their boxes, just seen them cheap secondhand.
former Eurovision contestant
djtuffer View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:12pm
I had some of their plastic JAC-12 cabs for a while.  Cabs themselves were not too bad actually.  Crossovers had tiny components.  Sensitivity was bad.  They dropped off at 1k and didn't come back in until about 3k so there was a huge hole in the response.  Shifted them on.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:49pm
I think you'll find the Class-D moulded speakers are made by chinese company Jiaxing Jinlida Electron Co.

http://www.jinlidadz.com/

(copy and paste link, it wont let me do a hyperlink)

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 07 December 2010 at 9:51pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

MunkeyQ View Drop Down

Beware,Scammer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:29pm
Some of the stuff looks a lot like what Skytronic/Skytec etc sell - wouldn't be surprised if it all comes from the same factory and all that's different is the name stamped into it.

And yeah, I've only heard Class D stuff once and it seems consistent with what people are saying on here...cheap resonant cabinets and no midrange response at all. Lots of boom and tizzle! To whoever mentioned Kam...shoot me down for saying this, but Kam seem to make some perfectly reasonable and honest low-end gear. I had a pair of KSF15s I got free for testing amps on - braced chipboard cabinet, decent woofer with a good sized VC/motor and a rather over-built crossover. 1st order on the woofer, 2nd order with 30 watt padding resistors on the HF. Most cheapo speakers run the woofer wide open...actually surprised.
samwills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:33pm
yes.. when i opened i was surprised into the thought into the design of such a cheap cab.. and yes for the money sound great.. i got a pair of 250watt 15-1's for 60 quid and i throw 250-350 watts of power to them every gig and handle it fine without feed... :P
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 1:17pm
I see you are round my neck of the woods.

Are they for live or DJ monitors? People recommend wharfdale as a budget option LX preferable over EVP. link
luke_0301 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke_0301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 1:40pm
class-d! they are reason i got into sound!
hired a '5k' system off a friend for an event. they were shocking!
bass=none wht so ever! smell of burning plastic from the internal crossovers in the first 20 mins of setting up.
mids= useless!
mid/tops= ok i suppose,little harsh but ok for monitors.

after this ordeal i started buying my own kit.

bear in mind that when using these i was totally new to everything and still thought it was really poor!
more bass please
paps_f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paps_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2016 at 8:30pm
Class D Speakers ain't that great agreed!!! Coming from Peavey etc kind of speakers, but when my church move to a temporary accommodation, I was force to get a smaller PA system, and a friend of mine sold me his old PA system as I was desperate for affordable sound system, instead of moving around my old heavy PA system around. At first it sound so rubbish, plus using A&A DL1000 digital mixer, it baffled me as I've never work with a poor PA system before. So I used it for 2 weeks and after that I decide to run the sub different from top, with Peavey Amp 3600w, I split it into 2, give the some one channel and top another channel.... and It works great.....and sound more loud and clear.... since them I love the speakers, and I'm still exploring what i could do with it. But so far this is what I've achieved with this shitty but effective production.... 
oban11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oban11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2016 at 3:58pm
The older class d speakers are very good quality.

handmade drivers and cabs in england.

unfortunately mpre recnt'y theu got there stuff made in china and its rubbish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12