Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modding already built superscoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 6:19pm
.... you should check out the actual super scoop plans on here if yours aren't braced.... im looking to get mine braced up maybe at end of this year..... they wouldn't be cut open, take a side off i guess. i have a guy lined up to do em but i know what you mean would jus seem brutal to see em in bits!!
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:13pm
Adding more wadding or wadding of a different absorbance or taking some out would be the easiest way to alter the chamber. Not sure what type you'd need but I'm sure theres a proper maths way of working out what to do.
Don't test the champignon sound
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:13am
if you take the DOG leg out, you will increase the rear chamber by quite bit, will give you a bit more bottom end and a fractionally smaller horn length, it looks like there will be minimal throat size change. But remember, you will increase xmax also, so only brutal drivers recommended, or take great care. And if you don't like the sound, you can always put it back 

Rog has recommended you use PD1850 in these, so why don't people do that
sonofalesbian View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofalesbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:18am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Rog has recommended you use PD1850 in these, so why don't people do that

the price.... Cry

www.brotherhoodsoundsystem.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12