Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xilica XD-4080 users?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by t0m t0m wrote:

Why not just look at the XP-8080?
Its almost identical, with the XD just having the larger 4 line instead of 2 line display, and the addition of the AES digital input, but giving you 8 in and 8 out!
At under £900 I think they are amazing!
//t0m
Except they have terminal connectors rather than XLRs, and the digital input would be very useful in a lot of situations, as are the FIR filters and brickwall limiters.

I can't see how they justify £900 more for those features on that price list though.

Edited by toastyghost - 20 December 2010 at 5:36pm
t0m View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t0m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 6:14pm
I guess its the usual, new product on the market so they thump the price up a lot.

If you have a fully digital system which is capable of out putting AES/EBU into your LMS then you can probably afford the extra to get the XD. The FIR LRP are the major advantage of the XD but i'm happy with the RMS limiters on the XP.

Also the XD-8080 is shipped with Euro/Phoenix connectors and not XLR!

In comparison the to XTA, retail you end up paying an extra £500 for the AES/EBU inputs on the £3000 price tagged 448, which leaves you with 4 analogue inputs less than the XD-8080.

//t0m
http://www.microrave.biz

PA/Sound/Staging/Lighting & Laser Hire for London & the whole of the UK
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by t0m t0m wrote:

In comparison the to XTA, retail you end up paying an extra £500 for the AES/EBU inputs on the £3000 price tagged 448, which leaves you with 4 analogue inputs less than the XD-8080.
//t0m

If I was going XTA, it'd be a 548 anyways
AndyWave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:55am
Good opinions around the subject.

So no one actually using XDs? I was tempted by the price, 1.865,00€ in Latsprecher-technik.de.

Shortly looked XTA's, LabGruppen(dolby lake) LM26 etc, but I was left under the impression that I'd got most performance/euro ratio with XD.

Could someone of you enlighten me which other processor has allpass and FIR filtering with less than 2000€ price tag? Second hand may be an option.

Andy
torturing electrons since ......
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:59am
--- nothing

Edited by pfly - 21 December 2010 at 8:59am
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by AndyWave AndyWave wrote:

Good opinions around the subject.

So no one actually using XDs? I was tempted by the price, 1.865,00€ in Latsprecher-technik.de.

Shortly looked XTA's, LabGruppen(dolby lake) LM26 etc, but I was left under the impression that I'd got most performance/euro ratio with XD.

Could someone of you enlighten me which other processor has allpass and FIR filtering with less than 2000€ price tag? Second hand may be an option.

Andy

speak to phil b about the original lakes, as they look great however when they go wrong it's a £5000 brick, and i think a few touring companies could make a whole wall, ouch.
Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

Jake Prewitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Prewitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 4:26am
I'll soon be an XD 4080 user.  I'll let you know how it turns out when I get it.
AndyWave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:26pm
Hi Mr Prewitt

Finally one brave soul, sacrificing before me.Clap

I'll wait the outcome interested. What processor do you run now?

cheers, Andy

torturing electrons since ......
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 2:00am
Ok, third xilica post tonight:-)

I a "XDuser" I use xd8080, generates much less hf noise than the xp4080 i have:-)
It would be the perfect mixer if they had only taken the time to program a master fader in between in & out with wifi xconsole
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12