Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Memseque Lighting Rotablade 4 Sound to light DJ bo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memseque Lighting Rotablade 4 Sound to light DJ bo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2x18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memseque Lighting Rotablade 4 Sound to light DJ bo
    Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:21pm
just a old dj
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:38pm
Looks the 'Spuds. Could do with a slighty bigger mains lead on it as it appears the hole has worn bigger over the years....

Also no need to PAT test it as this was built in the days before PAT when men were men and men got electrocuted!!
Smile

I have just built my Pulsar Modulator and Dimmer rack system up, love it, run the lights off an aux send on a matrix, no lampy to nick your beer or dribble and it never misses a cue...

Record to date is 180KW of Pars (yep full 3 truss rig), 6 DWE Moles and 2 source 4s off 1 4Channel modulator...

My current set-up allows for 12Kw max, is great for throwing a couple of 6 bars up at a band..
Really looked good...

Smile
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:51am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Looks the 'Spuds. Could do with a slighty bigger mains lead on it as it appears the hole has worn bigger over the years....

Yes,and you have to love the way there is no rubber grommet on the hole either.....just an accident waiting to happen that!
Be seeing you.
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 11:24am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Yes,and you have to love the way there is no rubber grommet on the hole either.....just an accident waiting to happen that!

I wonder what it was a controller for as it looks to have two sets of outputs, could have been a row and column matrix?

Anyway, RG from Green Resource Recycling (GRR) Ltd. needs to have a look at his PAT certification. Not only does the cable have no restraint or protection but the 13a plug is out of date, having solid pins.
The professionals are out there (somewhere)
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:57pm

My current set-up allows for 12Kw max, is great for throwing a couple of 6 bars up at a band..
Really looked good...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely we deserve a piccy?? Smile

Edited by GregM - 30 December 2010 at 8:58pm
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 12:42am
Bit Dull, its a 4U rack with 2x6ch dimmers with a 32A 3PNE in and a couple of socapex out, I them plug my trusty Modulator in via a pair of 8 pin din leads...

The trick bit is I have some 8 pin din to RJ45 converters so I can use easy-2-crimp-cheap-as-chips-cat5 to extend the runs...

I used to have warehouse full of stuff and now I just like small things that cover gigs easily, I am planing on adding a 32A single phase out so I can use the spare phase for PA when I have sec....

Will take pics and post in the nes year!!
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 1:45am
Originally posted by service dept Steve service dept Steve wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

I wonder what it was a controller for as it looks to have two sets of outputs, could have been a row and column matrix?

Anyway, RG from Green Resource Recycling (GRR) Ltd. needs to have a look at his PAT certification. Not only does the cable have no restraint or protection but the 13a plug is out of date, having solid pins.
The professionals are out there (somewhere)
I just saw this being tooo nosy. Never seen one of these. I thought... ah youreeka! No cable restraint, Wrong plug top etc for a pat test. Are my old eyes deceiving me on the dates written on the pat sticker??? Bloody nora???

It could be a matrix controller by the two Bulgin octal sockets and front controls. Either way a hazzard to them duke boys.
Trust SDS to see it first. Smile
Billy Dawg.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 1:59am
Perhaps it was PA tested by a forum member who was advised to buy a PA tester and "have a go!!"

The thing with buying kit like this is you gotta just think is would be cool to have/use but running a cone cutter into the back panel and soldering a Powercon in may be a good first move!!!

Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 2:29am
As I always state... " death is a PERMANENT fixture." Good night....
A 20mm comp gland would be a start.
Billy Dawg.
 Post Reply Post Reply