Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TOP 5 FULLSIZE SCOOPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 11:24am
Originally posted by steflion steflion wrote:

What u think about RX18DC with Tmax 1500I , is it a good combo??

One love

one word: no!, DC = mediumish sized chamber (compared to others)

the PD1851 now has a new home and its not built by ASS  Wink

PD1850 IS the driver for ASS RX18
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 11:34am
1850 IS the only driver for rx18(standard chamber size)
to true that tweets havin owned them and messed with them all other drivers tryed(b&c,,beyma,fane) just couldnt take the pressure in there due to small chamber and very small throat,i would also have to say the the marvin 3/4 size scoop would have to be in the top 5 now,when i heard tweets last they blew me away lit,!!!!!
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
arnolao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnolao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:56am
Paulus, Tweet : have you guys heard the V1000 in RX18 ?  How does it compare with 1850 ?
Need to do this test by myself.

Lee In Montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee In Montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:36pm
Easy. Levan horns and Waldorf. Two New York City specials. The Levan horn was nothing more than the extension in front of the W bin, named after Paradise Garage's famous resident DJ Larry Levan. The Waldorf was a version of JBL's 4520.

Edited by Lee In Montreal - 09 March 2011 at 10:40pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:25pm
one little detail, the levan, or bertha as it seems to be known this side of the pond, is not a scoop...
Lee In Montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee In Montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:35pm
The Levan was the extension to the Bertha. And the Bertha is two opposed scoops in the same box. Isn't it what W bins are in general? ;-) Basically, take a 4520 or 4530 and "weld" them by the head.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:50pm
the bertha is not a scoop, it is a folded horn. i remember the design fairly well, and i think the internal plans are on here somewhere.

the scoop generally refers to a driver, loaded to the rear with a horn, and direct radiating to the front.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 12:03am

Edited by TONY.A.S.S. - 10 March 2011 at 12:07am
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:25am
a 'W' bin would be a front loaded horn split down the middle, then the mirror image swapped around

nothing like a scoop

and be careful when trying to weld wood
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:21am
Originally posted by arnolao arnolao wrote:

Paulus, Tweet : have you guys heard the V1000 in RX18 ?  How does it compare with 1850 ?
Need to do this test by myself.

only heard V1000 in supers, nice n loud but not very low
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345