Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inside out disco ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inside out disco ball
    Posted: 25 January 2011 at 9:53pm
Okay so we were talkig about total internal reflection in physics today and my friend said to me

"They should make an inside out disco ball with a laser pointing in it"

I thought okay fair enough but you wouln't be able to see anything inside but then he said make the mirror the one way type like in james bond films...

I thought about it and it would look pretty cool just like a ball of laser above your head.

Been done before?
Feasible?
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 12:11am
Hhmmm, a few thing to think about and I'm sure theres more...

a ball of laser... I'm sure this is really one for norty but by its nature laser light is a straight(ish) line, a ball of light, even if created in the way you mention would just be a ball of light, a bit like those things on top of pelican crossings. If the mirror surface were perfect, It would only ever be able to emit the same amount of light that went into it so a pencil thin beam then spreadover the whole of the globe could be pretty dim...

A few interesting mirroball.... I love the idea of mirrors on springs, wanted one for years!

http://vintagelightfx.lynxxx.nl/category/effect-types/mirror-ball-systems/ 
blah blah blah blah blah......
 Post Reply Post Reply