Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gel storage suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gel storage suggestions
    Posted: 17 March 2011 at 5:25pm
how do you store gels for lights?

There's so many just lying around, all different shapes and sizes and they're driving me crazy! - and getting creased and wasted
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 5:47pm
I take it you are referring to cuts rather than rolls.... We have 4 filing cabinets with par 64 cuts, one for par 56 / source 4 cuts, and anything else gets binned. For the stash in the car I have an expanding file portfolio box with about 20 compartments, with a warm and a cold gel in each. Due to the amount of tv jobs I'm doing at the moment its mostly ctb / cto and frosts. China graph pen on at least one corner with gel no. helps if they get muddled
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:23pm
pre cut? white 12" record sleeves, the ones with the holes in the middle so you can see what colour is in them, either one for each colour or group them depending on how many you have....

rolls? a big wine rack, honestly, they're perfect.....
blah blah blah blah blah......
 Post Reply Post Reply