Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of my X1 Build..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 10:01am
I think they were about £120 each from PAP (phone em!).. the give discounts if your order 4 or more (but not much).

Took a couple of days to arrive...

I'm chuffed with mine, they pump!
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 2:19pm
i think i will choose the 600w LF version actually, the fs is lower, so its more suited to sub use.
pooju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 6:28pm
Adam have you found a good way to monitor how much power is going into the box?
you mentioned setting the limiter, what's you're limiter config general processing/gain structure ?

as we're going for two 650EL  loaded also x1 's  run  off a peavy  2600 bridged.  [1800] should give use  900 a box obviously a bit too much or just enough head room according the mircea sticky on different drivers
[says 800 max ]

I suppose this is a more general question about how to judge the actual power output of an amp, covering a few issues,  [actual vs spec'd output -a different frequencies]

I don't have a 'dummy' load to hand, but a voltmeter and calculator. Is it just a case of working out what voltage is equivalent to 800w, have the voltmeter accross the terminals of the amp [eeeek]  and increase the amps input sensitivity with your chosen  music until  the voltage peaks  reach  the equivalence of 800w?

pooju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:05pm
http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10771

found this post

Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by Gorseybank Gorseybank wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a tool that can measure an amplifiers output..

..can you pop a multimeter on the end of a bare ends from the amp. and see how many watts are being chucked out?
Yes, but you'll need your calculator as well. Most multimeters measure RMS or average power, so you'll only be taking an rms measurement. Hook the meter up to measure AC volts, inject a sine wave and bring the levels up till the amp maxes out. RMS power is then V(squared)/R where R is the impedance of a typical speaker, 8 ohms.

In any event, unless the amp is distorting badly it's unlikely there is a problem with the output section. It's more likely a dirty input connection, gain pot, or ribbon cable is causing the loss of level.

still be interesting to see what you're setup is
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 3:00pm
sorry for ignoring this for so long pooju.. didnt spot it..

I have a ultradrive DCX2496 for LMS... and i set the gain structure in this (after AVC2 and EQ)... so i can set the correct db value for each output (so I never see a clip light on the amps).
pooju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 3:18pm
Cheers! nay bother mate,  you answered it really in another post i think!

end of the day the x1s lived even after the 1300w, jabbed in  the low cut on the pv [40hz] in the end to give them an easy ride.  whether the 1300w ['peavey watts'] was actually being drawn etc  - come to think of it, can a 13amp plug take 2600w? - ... goes for the calculator - is another matter i guess ... need to do a bit more research to organize a proper test. 

It'd be nice to have one of richie T's digimeters/ or d&b amp to see what's actually going on ... that is , when ive got  enough  kit to  think about drag racing. ;)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234