Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I chop a 102 in half ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhelm_waterw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I chop a 102 in half ???
    Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:17am

Hey all.
would I need to make significant changes to the 102 to make it a 101? I want two build two separate single 10" horn loaded boxes. Would it be a big deal to essentially squash the cab height down keeping everything else the same?
(leave side flairs exactly as is, leave the bottom shelf exactly as is, just shorten the cab so the top shelf sits exactly mirror opposite the bottom shelf on a single 10).

Thanks all.

Jeremy

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 4:10pm

in short yes, but id make sure that the mouth size [ie the area at the front of the horn] is exactly half that of the mt102

its a tiny bit more complex than that, but ive seen similar things done with 12" versions etc.

by doing this you may lower the lower x-over point a tiny bit [say 18 up to 190 hz, 2 horns will couiple a little, maybey not, im just being cautius]

but in essence what you are doing, is very much doable,

put your plans onto paper, and post em up here, and a few peeps will proly throw a cursory glance over them and tell you if it will work....

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply