Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JTS pre-amp x-over points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2008 at 2:05am
so who u guys think istheheaviest sound out there right now???
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2008 at 2:10am
comeon your dissing  mans set and not sayin like you can/have anything better to offer.
mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2008 at 2:26am
wats wrong wid u im not dissing his set as i said he has the cleanest mids and tops but i thinkn he could improve his bass. and further more i aint got nothing to prove to wheres ur set?
Calculus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 12:23am
ooh touchy.
in the lock up/workshop. You could check it out with a bit of research.
but I don't see the relevance of the location of my sound. 
all i'm saying if you can do better... how exactly are you going to do it?
and do irration not use a tubby pre aswell last time i checked they do.
All i'm saying is if you think people on here "don't know nothing bout sound"...
then please teach us where we've all gone so wrong.
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 10:48am
Mark uses a Links pre-amp and mainly Void amps....

Everyone should come with what they have with sound... It might not sound 'fashionable' but i don't mind all that much being a smaller sound than others... If anyone remembers Iration in the earlys, he was ruffed up on lower bass many times... Aba would rumble him, but when it came to playing... Mark came mostly with music no one else could and vibes.

Personally, i'm listening out for the music played. Someone shouting rarely has anything interesting to say, empty vessels.... so i'm listening out for a bit more...

It's Christmas! come one and all, bring your sounds, carrying on building your sounds, build up some tune and step confidently into the new year!!! 

https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
True Talk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote True Talk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 12:19pm
Am I to Understand there are some on here who think Irration is heavier than Tubby's? a  lot would depends on what you call heavy; are we talking loudness or are we talking frequency, it makes me laugh when I read some of the blobs on this forum, anyone would think some of you guys have been in the sound business for years, but most of you are in the leaning curve and talk like you've  been around sound systems or even sound people for many a years and it's properly only been 5 years at the most, hats off to people like Pre Amp Mark and those who understand the basis of sound, but everything you read and learn in a book dose not always pan out when it comes to playing a sound, I studied at collage sound engineering many moons ago so trust me I know, I've listen to many a sounds and a true bass sound is frequency and not power a clean round bass Tubby's has that more than I can say for any sound out there, I heard Quaker the other day with Tubby's and his bass note were good but not as smooth as Tubby's I mention Notes, next time you listen to a sound listen for the change in notes the different frequencies there boxes play, most out there are just one note sound systems with power, and a lot of you guys out there think power is where it's at, in the early days it was not about power but good music and the right frequency you could get out of those 100 watt speakers, you could be in a session and still have a conversation with a bredrin music pumping, now you go to a session and you come out with your ears ringing which is not good for your persons.
I am sure some of the Modern sound these days that is the operator/pre-amp controller are deaf could name a few but then some one will say I am dissing the sounds which is something I would not do regardless of what I think, sound system is a expensive pass time and I suppose like people they are all different.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by mark mark wrote:

in tubbys case the preamp is the weakest link cause u think about it sometimes he aint dropping like irration and they were using the same amps. but anyways no disrespect to tubbys still but i just think as a builder he should have a better bassline than wat he has.respect joseph!

could it possibly be the difference in bass freq in the tunes? Smile not every tune drop the same bass/pressure
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 10:50am

i never said his bass was lazy but anyways i dont have nothing to prove like i said u people hear boof boof and think dats it u lot are jokers and yes i have been infront of his stacks and yeah all u can feel is wind no real pressure hurting ur chesting any1 can make a speaker move. Too much people on here think they no bout sounds and they dont know nothing like i said dont worry my sound is the newest sound ontheblock listen out 4 me and i promise u i will shake up tubbys further more alot of people can!!!! lol

....and also his 30hz on his pre amp is lazy and u cant often even hear it.

Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 5:50pm
Dude, this thread is 13 years old! and you feel the need to point out a minor contradiction? Are you getting out enough?
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 7:25pm
and.... you replied????

i was searching from Google and landed on the site. was reading the important bit, ie, the words and info, not the date...... 
Who gives a toss how old it is. lol 
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2021 at 5:16pm

Amazing skills there. I can see you're a danger to ....probably just yourself.

my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123