Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

---< < Show off your MIC collection > >---

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Grubbah Grubbah wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

Originally posted by Grubbah Grubbah wrote:

So whos wants to sell me there 604s? Approve

No chance! only just got them! ha ha how many you after? and what you using at the mo?

oooohh :( hahah

Struggling to find any that aren't going for the price new or in the USA!!

57s.

Not knocking the sound, but those 604s are so light and easy to put on toms, brass or what ever.

Thomann were the cheapest I found new.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 1:24pm

Originally posted by Wrek0ne Wrek0ne wrote:

We are thinking of replacing the D112 with an Audix D6 what is everyones preference between the two?

Also we use SM57's on the toms at the moment (I suppose we do also have the option of the drum packs tom mic's but as i said we havent used them yet) What is everyones preference for mic'ing up toms? Possibly the E604's? 

I have just bought a load of e604's but have used them in the past, great little mics and the main advantage is how compact they are and also quick to install with the rim clips. SM57 is my favorite on tom toms though, stick with them if you dont mind all the faffing around with stands.

Why don't you just put a standard shure clip on the 604 tom mount?  I do for a snare mic sometimes.
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2013 at 11:55am
Hi guys, does anybody on here use the Sennheiser MD431 mkII ? I have picked one up rather cheap off fleabay and have my doubts about whether its genuine or not. It actually sounds great (i'll keep regardless of authenticity because of this) and looks identical to pictures on the internet....but it just feels very lightweight and cheap, a stark contrast to my MD421 MkII.

I was wondering if anybody can confirm they are like that, maybe post some pictures up of the mic and the capsule so I can compare etc (or email me if you prefer?)

Regards
Jim
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Plaguesguitarist Plaguesguitarist wrote:

Why don't you just put a standard shure clip on the 604 tom mount?  I do for a snare mic sometimes.

Only just seen this Paul, but yeah have done this recently a few times, cheers Thumbs Up
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 2:50pm

Originally posted by Plaguesguitarist Plaguesguitarist wrote:

Only just seen this Paul, but yeah have done this recently a few times, cheers Thumbs Up

Likewise!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567