Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

im just about to start consruction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 5:55am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Quote I'm still not shure if the SD18 died because of clipping of the amp or that putting that kind of power into a driver in a bandpass cabinet is asking for problems.

Are you saying that you're not sure it was clipping, or whether it was because of the clipping that it died?

I'd say something was amiss if it died with that amount of power

I'm shure it was clipping but not constantly.  The clipping leds lit up from time to time.

So what you are saying is that when I power the SD18 with a clean 1000W rms signal there should be no problem?  Even though the driver is rated at 800W rms ...

Kind regards,
Jochen
I like my sugar with coffee and cream
Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 5:56am
Originally posted by coner coner wrote:

id say something was a miss, iv seen sd18 take 2kw [ok v.clean 2kw but] and survive happily.....

Maybe in a horn?
Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Dom Dom wrote:

Personally I think more important than power is a hefty high pass and  avoiding clipping, compression or hard limiting. 

Ever since getting the AVC2 and making sure the subs are adequately high passed I've had no problems using a lot of power... 

I high pass the X1's @ 35 Hz with a 24db/oct slope.  No hard limitting or compression.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 7:07am

Originally posted by Jochen Jochen wrote:

Originally posted by coner coner wrote:

id say something was a miss, iv seen sd18 take 2kw [ok v.clean 2kw but] and survive happily.....

Maybe in a horn?

yes you are right, but still, ive heard people have been stickin 1500w+ into void loaded x1

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 12:06pm
i drove my old 400w behringer B1800X's with 1200w each for over a year, only blew when the clip lights were on solid for 20second! Hate incompetent DJ's!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12