Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans Facebook page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

I have only joined recently but here is my take on it for what its worth. Facebook is O.K. but is used for or can be used to get personal data so expect lots of ads appearing in your email junk box from speaker related stuff including ads for dating sites. After all face book sell Data for commercial reasons.

I remember a few years ago when my P.C came up with a very menacing message which inferred that my computer had been used for something not very nice and it told me to pay for a scan. God only knows where this tosh came from but its only going to get worse.

And on that basis.... ime out

dont know what you've been doing but ive never had any such like spam via my facebook email address and my facebook isnt really used for personal stuff more even based stuff, with 3,000 + friends i havent yet been spammed by any one, and only spam people i feel it relevant, nor have a i had any scam like that, id advise that its not facebook thats the problem here...
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 8:06pm
^^^ +1 to that.
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 8:34pm
Well I don't run virus anti software that's for sure and there have been cases where Facebook has been used to hack in to individuals personal data as with any other online facility.

Ive just removed and activated (block all) 12 spam emails and each month I check that some sort of advertising file extension hasn't been added to my browser. This amongst other things is a regular occurrence and an example of the all too often  prevalence of unwanted intrusions in to our private lives by the use of personal data.

I know we are all profiled and even O2 are doing it, just last week my wife was sent a MSG on her phone for something she did not want but was related to her age and personal profile, I have experienced the same.

What I have been "doing" is carefully ascertaining through research, the intrusions that businesses like facebook are allowing to happen due to commercial interests.They have sold millions of personal profiles to advertising companies...fact.

I have also been "doing" regular restore points to earlier dates on my P.C. in a rather pathetic attempt at stopping the ever ingenious SPAM /malware idiots from infiltrating my P.C.

However, I am now told that my router is being used by these idiots. And so, whilst I use Facebook and may I add, Hotmail.. they are becoming a platform for advertising commercial goods... including dating... 
and that in itself is not what I want personally. 
Top banana
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:12pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/11205517/Top-five-Facebook-scams-revealed.html

Top banana
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2016 at 4:52pm
The German data protection agency has ordered Facebook to stop collecting user data from its WhatsApp messenger app and delete any data it has already received.

The social network announced in August that it would begin sharing data from its 1 billion-plus user base, including phone numbers, from WhatsApp users with Facebook for the purpose of targeted ads. It gave users the option of opting out of the data being used for advertising purposes, but did not allow them to opt out of the data sharing between WhatsApp and Facebook.

Top banana
guig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 4:19am
+1 to that Smile
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2023 at 1:43am
so is anyone on FB a lot? I'm Phil Pope if anyone wants to link up - profile pic is Billy Idol (I looked a bit like him twenty years ago Smile)
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2023 at 9:30am
No one posted there since 2012
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678