Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Altec 816 plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSpotlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Altec 816 plans
    Posted: 20 May 2011 at 7:18pm
Maybe just me, but I have searched the forum for a set of plans for the Altec 816's , with no joy. if there is some can somebody point me in the right direction please. I used to have a set of 4 but sadly some nice people stole 3 of them from my lock up some years ago. I am now getting quite a lot of outdoor/marque work comming in and could really do with either building some or buying some to replace them . Anybody know a good cabinet maker near Derby? Thanks, Dave
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:21pm
There's a plan here, not brilliant though:-

Also:-

Edited by Nachural - 20 May 2011 at 8:27pm
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
MrSpotlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSpotlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:59pm
Thankyou, I still have 1 left, just didn't fancy taking it to bits to get the dimentions
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:53pm
Some especially helpful advice and plans here in a previous request about the 816 by me:

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSpotlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:06am
Nice one Greg, thanks.
Don't know weather to have a go at building a pair, get somebody to build some for me or try and find some second hand ones. my woodworking skill are not too bad but the curves on the flare look a bit hard to get right.  
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:16am
I've got 4 altec 816 cabs, in Nottingham, which are taking up space in the lockup and would sell for less than it would cost you to build new ones...
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSpotlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:50am
Dom very interested mate, any chance of having a look, are they loaded/empty? how much you looking for? I am only in Derby so nice & local. I,ll pm my number to you.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:23am
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/altec/plans/1970s-plans.htm

http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1970%27s-lf-plans/enclosures09.jpg

The second link may not work, click on the first link and then go to page 9.

Edited by _djk_ - 26 May 2011 at 11:25am
djk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSpotlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 2:00pm
thanks for the link djk, most usefull
I have just brought 2 s/h pairs of Dom, Renovation time now.
Don't know weather to have the original drivers reconed or replace with new ones. Anybody tried any different drivers in these cabs & what were the results?
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 11:48am
sorry to resurrect.. Smile  But anyone heard of 'Stanley-Screamers' does anyone know to any plans ?
 Post Reply Post Reply