Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD215 Build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MessyM2k8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD215 Build
    Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:36pm

Going to build another 1. These will be sitting on top of 6 ASS SBH121's.

Edited by MessyM2k8 - 25 May 2011 at 4:38pm
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:07pm
How much did it cost to build one mate?
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:39pm
Not sure if i'm seeing it correctly, but isn't there a part of batten missing on the access panel?
MessyM2k8 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MessyM2k8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by specialjustin specialjustin wrote:

Not sure if i'm seeing it correctly, but isn't there a part of batten missing on the access panel?

Yes and for a good reason, i couldn't get the drivers in with that bit in. What i did was remove that piece of batten and attach it to the door. So the batten locates the door and seals the gap.

MessyM2k8 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MessyM2k8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

How much did it cost to build one mate?

Depends on what wood you use and the price you can get it for. They use roughly 1 and a half sheets of 8 x 4 ply.
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by MessyM2k8 MessyM2k8 wrote:

Originally posted by specialjustin specialjustin wrote:

Yes and for a good reason, i couldn't get the drivers in with that bit in. What i did was remove that piece of batten and attach it to the door. So the batten locates the door and seals the gap.

Aha nice.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 10:39pm
    Looking at the photos you could have probably made the access panels a bit bigger and the drivers would have flown in but, as they say, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'm not criticizing mind, just commenting, the build quality looks absolutely top notch, very professional indeedThumbs Up.
MessyM2k8 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MessyM2k8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 9:28am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Looking at the photos you could have probably made the access panels a bit bigger and the drivers would have flown in but, as they say, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'm not criticizing mind, just commenting, the build quality looks absolutely top notch, very professional indeedThumbs Up.

Thank you. Yeah i know it's been playing on my mind a bit. I have a lot of spare wood so i may re-cut the access panels and remake the doors.
 Post Reply Post Reply