Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eminence drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidb_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eminence drivers
    Posted: 02 September 2004 at 7:36am

Great new forum!

My question is about the X1 cabinet, it needs a P Audio SD18. 

Is there a Eminence driver that would work in that setup?

Here state side, it's eazy for me obtain Eminence.  I have four home brewed cabinets with sigma pro-18's.  I use them with crown amps for djing and some live sound.  Anyway......the X1 seem like a nice cabinet for personal use.  I'm not going to be putting monster power into it.  Any words of wisdom?

Cheers!

Dave

dubsuction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubsuction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 3:31pm

hey dave!

your eminence sigma pro's, what style cabinet did you build for them? i have 2 in home designed ported cabs and they sound nice, but i want to get more from them, was going to go for a 186 horn cab as this is suitable for the omega pro 18 (the sigma will be far from ideal....but better than what i have)

have a look at the 186 horn design and think about possiby getting some omega pro drivers.

cheers

peace+respect-always
**HIGH PRESSURE SOUND SYSTEM**
www.highpressuresound.co.uk
Davidb_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidb_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 8:03am

Hey dubsuction,

I’m using the sigma’s in a front loaded direct radiating ported cabinet. I consulted three different softwares, including Eminence’s. I played with all numbers that would get me down to 30Hz using a port 1.5" in length (the thickness of the front panel of the cabinet, ¾ ply x2). I think it ended up a 12cubic-foot enclosure w/ a 6" port, a bit bigger than I’d like. But I could not be more pleased with them. With either two or four cabinets, any gym sounds great! The four cabinets really surprised me outdoors. They project very well for front loaders…..a bit too well for small rooms. As the room gets smaller, it starts to sound better down the hall than it does in the room. (Btw, I’d like input on that problem if anyone has it.) I don’t have a clue how sigma’s would do in a horn, that’s why I’m hanging around this site, lots of good horn knowledge!

dlsbobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlsbobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 2:54am

Dave,

Just in case you didn't already know, US Speaker sells P-Audio drivers. In case you want the SD-18. http://www.usspeaker.com/homepage.htm Rock on. Robert.

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2004 at 2:30pm

lol Speaking of Eminence Sigma PRO 18 650w rms[new version] i got 1 for £40 from Loot.

Dunno what to do with 1 except maybe build a super scooper for it or X1??? Or sell it to someone who needs another sigma pro 18.

Post Reply Post Reply