Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My HD215, 16 cabs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:01pm
13 lam is the best ply to use . HTL 5 lam ply isnt the best and will have voids in the wood but depending on usage will get you by untill you can afford new 13 lam ply,especially if you have it just sitting in your garage. I advise using car body filler to smooth over the grain and cover knots in the wood and then paint .

LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
HTL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:06pm
its smooth but if ifs no good il just save up, its for some scoops so i dont want to use crap ply 
freedomdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedomdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 4:49pm
Hi there
Birch Ply is without discussion the best material to do DIY cabs. However, it is also by far the most expensive.

HD15 and 215 is a quite rugged/stiff construction. The Radiata Pine Plywood I have used (32 pcs 122x244 cm) is standing still allover the cabinet when running full power, apart from the back panel. This panel I should have done in double thickness, or at least 30mm. The rest works fine without resonating and ratteling in 18mm.

If you are to build 2 or 4 cabs, go for the real stuff. And do some extra braces or something to stffen the backpanel.

Cheers, Freedom
... if you cannot measure it - you cannot improve it!
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 12:31pm
Good work mate, I would love to see everything that you have! Thumbs Up
Poll this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123