Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jah Observer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 9:55am

Greetings! Jah Observer has invited us back to Southall Community Centre on 22nd July for another Roots session.

Did anyone go to the King Earthquake/Lord Ambassador session in Southall last week? Arrived late
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 12:52pm

I wanted to be there but I was at brighton/concorde with ch 1
Did you hear anything? how did Lord Ambassador sound

Beez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 5:18pm
lord ambassador were very loud. i was standing at the far end by the bar and it was still a bit much, had to keep walking out. shanti kinda loud.

(p.s. mark, pre-amp sounding wicked, well pleased with the sound of the half stack!)

Edited by Beez - 13 July 2006 at 5:19pm
RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:03am
I Agree with Beez. Got there just as they were playing their last tune. My ears rang all next day!!. JUST ONE TUNE!!!!

This LOUDNESS WAR is no joke!

It'll probably be taken seriously when the entry fee includes a free monthly hearing test!

THERE IS NO REPAIRING THE DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR HEARING!!

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by RENSAAB RENSAAB wrote:

I Agree with Beez. Got there just as they were playing their last tune. My ears rang all next day!!. JUST ONE TUNE!!!!

This LOUDNESS WAR is no joke!

It'll probably be taken seriously when the entry fee includes a free monthly hearing test!

THERE IS NO REPAIRING THE DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR HEARING!!

I guess more people will start wearing earplugs then or simply walking out when its too loud.

Quality sound is much better than extreme loudness. Think of Jah Shaka his setup gives quality and I've never had my ears hurt or ringed loudly after hearing him play.

I recon my ears have been damaged, as loud volume levels I can tolerate but very harsh mid and treble frequencies causes me pain/earache and then a day of almost total deafness, when it never used to. Also things ain't as crisp or detailed anymore either.Also a bit deaf and can't hear quiet whispers and my ears ring when its totally quiet.
Also my ears feel permanently blocked and stuffy when the doctor checked and said my ears were clear not waxxy.

Harsh ear splitting highs is down to the operator mostly not paying attention to adjusting the sound right and also down to using bloody piezo tweeters.

3/4 at least of people going to dances presume that if the sound doesn't cause pain it won't damage their ears.Which is mostly true until your exposed to it enough and becomes permanent damage.

I now wear ear plugs if I know the dance is gonna be sounding harsh, as I don't wanna be stone deaf by the time I get to 30,I'm 22 now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12