Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" Ported Mid-top

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Rains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12" Ported Mid-top
    Posted: 06 July 2011 at 10:34pm
So I thought I would upload some details about a Midtop I built a while back, which was my first build.
It's a very simple rear ported trap box, loaded with fane sovereign 12-300, fane cd-130, and a celestion horn - cheap components I know!

As I recall, I tuned it to around 60Hz, and it has a volume of 45(ish) litres. I was a little worried about port velocity at the time, but I only run it with 300watts, so it's not too bad at all.  I didn't take many pictures during the build sadly, but what I have is below...

Without any glue, just checking everything was roughly the right size - I know it isn't in this pic, but after lots of sanding it turned out ok.  The clamps are just there because there was quite a large void in the wood which I was trying to fill...

During painting...

And the finished box. The foam is a little messy, but I tidied it up..

Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 1:38pm
Tasty what do they sound like?????  

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
DiscoFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 2:08pm
Very nice! I'm looking at building a pair of X15 mid/tops to go alongside my newly built scoops but I have no idea on what drivers I'd load them with.
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 9:07pm
If its Rogers x15 design id use the recommended drivers if you cant get hold of them or afford it then just design your own in winisd. iv used alot of those Fane Sovs now and they sound great for the money! 

good luck hope to see some pics up soon of the new tops. 
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
 Post Reply Post Reply