Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing pannel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio Hallucinations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing pannel
    Posted: 07 July 2011 at 5:09pm
Hi my mate has 2 1850s and i want to put 2 void v1000s in them for a party, however the 1850s are missing the pannel where the plate with the speakons go and im told that due to changes in the pressure this could damage my drivers. Obviously it also means that they wont funktion as well.

whats the truth in this?

also its only really for a one off occasion rather than regular use
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 7:10pm
Don't think I really get what you mean...

How big is the missing panel?
andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 10:32pm
The back?!?
Pirlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 11:15pm
I think he mean the "devider" of the speaker/rear-chamber to the unused space under it (top right on the plan).
Who the fu&k is Mr. Phanton, and why he has so much power!?
Audio Hallucinations View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio Hallucinations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 1:00pm
There not my 1850s mate, but i think he means theres a hole in the back where a pannel with speakons in goes
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 1:21pm

the hole needs to be blocked up completely, otherwise it will like a fat man taking a crap.

block up this and any other holes apart from the one you want the air to come out of. otherwise its like firing a musket with the breach open.

think about it simply: the speaker cone moves forward, pushing air into the horn. the air needs to go out the front of the horn mouth as god intended, not out of little holes. And it will go out of little holes if it can, and the result will be dreadful.

hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 1:21pm
do you mean the hatch? as in the peice of wood you remove to get to the driver like this..

Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 1:29pm
Got any pics.... If it is just a missing panel surely you can just measure it and get one cut out from your local hardware. By the way is the speakon terminal has been moveConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply