Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caps in crossovers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 4:57pm
Looks like a trip back to school for me if audiomiks post is an over simplification!
Thanks for the help, think I will be making up the correct value but with a higher voltage just to make sure (no room for that beast you have markie).
Just to make sure, if the value is between 23uF and 27uF and the voltage is greater I should be ok? Looking at audiomiks list im looking for 150v rating based on a DCvoltage.
To much power? NEVER.
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 5:46pm
like someone suggested earlier post, go to falconacoustics webpage and buy capacitors from there. +/- 2%, good people.
neilpoints View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 9:54pm
I recently made up some similar values with 5 x 4.7UF metal film caps from Farnell, which cost very little.
former Eurovision contestant
Martinez LOUD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinez LOUD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 2:19am
Hey hey
I’m from Portugal,
I have capacitors 25uf +\-5% 100v NP to replace.
Came across the same problem,bought 2 tdx turbosound used from a guy in Oporto and they erre blown.
I got 10units for replacement, going to use 2 of them. 

See ya 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12