Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medal of Honour ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medal of Honour ?
    Posted: 22 August 2011 at 11:36am
Do I deserve one ? :-)

Got a formal caution last night from a "Cumminity Police Officer" - took my name + address etc.

This was for playing my sound system in the street ..... not surprising, you may say. What kind of system we talking about ? ..... 4 x 18" scoops ? 6000W amplifiers ?

Noooo ..... the sound system in question consists of 2 x JBL car 6x9's + a couple 8" bass drivers driven by 4 channels of 20W .... powered from 2 x "CCTV" batteries. The whole lot gets transported around on the back of my pedal-bike.

What kind of street we talking about ? Quiet suburban street .... not surprising, you may say.
Noooo ..... this was Brick Lane, London E1 ...... on summer Sunday evenings the place is heaving with tourists, events, nightclubs, people hanging out and drinking etc. in the street. NO-ONE lives around this particular spot.

We just set up on the pavement - alongside plenty of other people just sitting down and hangin' out. Few mates were there .... passers-by were loving it. Plenty stopped for a natter, quick skank, compliments on the music ...... nice vibes .... ABSOLUTELY ZERO problems, no aggression, no-one seriously drunk, disorderly AT ALL.
Until the pathetic pseudo-babylon reaches ..... the enjoyment prevention unit.
We were told we were in breach of noise abatement ..... CHORTLE. There were people shouting, people revving up engines, very loud car stereo's all kinds of other noise. Shortly afterwards it trasnspired that Channel One were playing about 50 yards away in the Vibe Bar :-)
After we packed up we went up and hung around outside the Vibe Bar for a bit ..... noise abatement .......... yeah right.

BUUUUULLLLLSHHIIIIITTTTTT.

Mebbe its because we were playing reggae. Yeah - "trouble music".

Well I took the officer's badge number, so when I get the letter, I'll be replying and requesting footage from his camera.
Officious little bast*rd. If those guys are supposed to use discretion and common sense to assess a situation like this .... well they failed miserably.

I'll be doing whatever I can to cause this guy some paperwork and beauracracy.
REALLY PATHETIC.

Spose its quite "flattering" to my lickle rig though :-)

spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 6:56pm
LOL Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply