Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1980's 1990's neon disco tube help..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 9:36pm
Steam the trilite by all means but the rest just soapy water (washing up liquid) will do the trick (including the touch panels) but leave it a good few days before you plug any of it in.
I know this sounds nuts but it does work (I've done it load's even with mixers) and as long as there's no voltage left in any of the units all will be well.

Did you get any nice old sound bits?
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Punchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 12:33am
all the sound bits were taken out years ago. However there was a cloud limiter and an old active crossover, and also in the corner of the room was an old jbl bin, the 2x15" big fobby where the cones face away from each other and point to the side with the magnets almost touching in the middle of the cab. the cones are still in it, so fingers crossed they are ok when i fire it up,Big smile
dont make me use UPPERCASE !!
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 12:43am
Neon could potentially be lethal unless you know what you are doing. Please take care.

I have fitted miles of it. I would not reccomenend it for a novice with such equipment.
Billy Dawg.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Punchy Punchy wrote:

also in the corner of the room was an old jbl bin, the 2x15" big fobby where the cones face away from each other and point to the side with the magnets almost touching in the middle of the cab. the cones are still in it, so fingers crossed they are ok when i fire it up,Big smile

I think you mean one of those T.C.B. cabinets? If its the 15" version,should have 2225's in it.....nice drivers if they are working ok.
Be seeing you.
Punchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 9:13am
this is big lump I got.......

It appears in a whole lot better condition than some of the other bits. to be honest some of the kremesa bits are rusted up quite badly.

This astro-thingey looks the part tho, I trust myself to fire this up, I will put my rubber wellies on first Wink
dont make me use UPPERCASE !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12