Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Elder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 3:10pm
Greetings QSS, if you are in London on 14th October, I will be at the Mass in Brixton beside my idrens. There will be a large Rastafari at the controls, a next Rastafari with tall dreadlocks on the mic and I man with my Queen(tall dreadlocks) standing beside dem. The sound is called Jah Voice.
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Ras Elder Ras Elder wrote:

Greetings QSS, if you are in London on 14th October, I will be at the Mass in Brixton beside my idrens. There will be a large Rastafari at the controls, a next Rastafari with tall dreadlocks on the mic and I man with my Queen(tall dreadlocks) standing beside dem. The sound is called Jah Voice.

Greetings Ras Elder, we have a dance in Bristol on the 14th but we will be playing at Rice & Peas on the 16th @ The Tudor Livesey Memorial Hall, 225 Perry Hill, Catford, London SE6 4HD

Edited by QSS - 06 October 2011 at 3:18pm
"Music is life"
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 7:20pm
Ras Elder, I would appreciate a lesson of how music progressed from the top from your experience as you seem to have lived through these early times........ Maybe we can start a new thread on this subject. 
Having a chuckle between learned  Bredrens and not sharing your knowledge isn't gonna help the truth to come out, especially if the internets version isn't correct!!

The long and short of it, is many sounds have come into this ting at different stages of the soundsystem evolution!
I grew up hearing dub, rockers etc, but I have also been influenced by other types of reggae, Ragga, dancehall ska rocksteady, soul, house, hip hop all played on a soundsystem.

So I would love to play a soul tune that can test my set in all frequencies and also see if my set can keep up with a fast paced house tune!!.............. as much as I would like to play some of these genres at my event, I wouldn't bother, due to the crowd that attends these events!! 
But at the same time I do think playing a fast paced ska tune with weight or a so called commercial reggae tune like Tony Curtis's My God Is Real, should be tolerated because Motion54 is not a roots and culture sound but we're not afraid to play in a roots and culture arena and we havent billed this event as roots and culture only.
We simply say to all sounds entering that you can play what you want but no bashment and it's really a roots and culture orientated event.

I want to hear what my set can do with all genres of music that we play as motion54 dj's.

Here's a suggestion, so tell me what you think.........
I say for the first 2 rounds, may be a sound could play what they want and then after, stick to a more or less roots and culture tip..............just a suggestion!!!!

To me, there is also the responsibility of the attendees who want to hear strictly roots and culture to show their appreciation and dance, rather than  just stand up wid dem hand fold when they hear the right roots and culture because if you just gonna stand up, then we may as well play some house music!!!!

Let's take this event to another level and keep the entertainment level up there just like how we keep the bass up there in volume too!!
WarVet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 6:07pm
Motion 54 keep up the great work...Thanks to these events we can feel like raving again....bless
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by WarVet WarVet wrote:

Motion 54 keep up the great work...Thanks to these events we can feel like raving again....bless

Respeck WarVet!!!

Its all for the love of SoundSystem!!!!!!
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by JudgeDredd JudgeDredd wrote:

Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

SOUNDS CAN BRING NO MORE THAN 4 SUBS IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

Greetings guv, respect on your contribution to keeping sound systems alive..

Think maybe an idea to allow systems to carry 6x scoops/subs (1x stack only) to this venue guv..LOL

Which will also expose, which sub amps "have had their Weetabix"..LOL

Kinda agree with the above statement but at the end of the day I suppose what the promoter says goes Sleepy
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

6subs would be interesting as there's so many different combinations/configurations you could do to power them, 1 amp on all 6, couple in stereo, 3 in bridge, 1in stereo 1 in bridge etc etc etc Big smile 

shh your givin too much away JOKES Tongue
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:54pm
That's in the pipeline!!

Venue can handle 6 easily. Just giving most of the sounds that only have 4 scoops to enter before moving on to 6 scoop events!!
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Good arguments from all corners on the music selection Thumbs Up.................... I'd just like to say each Soundsystems/machines to their own, if they're happy with their selections, then all's well, the people will decide with their feet Exclamation .............................. True or not Question

Peace......................... Big smile

Can't argue with that sir Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415