Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

car system using pa speakers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: car system using pa speakers!
    Posted: 08 September 2004 at 8:02pm

I think two Eminence HL10's simular to Lab 12 but 10 inch version would make a excellent car subwoofer if in the right ported box! Or P.Audio TM-12 subs

RCF L8S800  8 inch, 175 w rms BASS/mid in front doors, or Beyma 650ND

Eminence APT80 tweeter and Beyma 2 way crossover

Although u would need slightly bigger cutouts in the doors it would give much better results than using crappy car speakers.

And drive them with 2 seperate Audiobahm or custom built amps!

Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 8:36am

Hi,

I have a P Audio SN 15 MB in a 100 litre closed box in the back of my car and drive it with 400 wrms. I get nearly 140 dB out of the system.

Sysytem is 4 way active.

Rog.

Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 2:11pm
PASC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PASC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 7:16pm

Hy Rogborg

How you got it, 140db? Putting the microfone  near front window at about 70cm height near right door? With the car hermetically closed in a car championship? At what frequency band?

What are PAudio SN15 sensivity, specs? What are the gig (cd player, crosover, amp etc)?

Regards,

Paulo Duto.

Lord Baccus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Baccus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:05pm
140 in a sealed ??? what type of car ? and were you mesuring DB or SPL ? my 15" SS T4 is getting around 148.8 SPL from a TermLab Mic... 140 is not impossable depending on the type of car/Truck a lotta people hitt 140 Easy w/good sub in a decent box & amp
Thank You for having a Nice Day
PASC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PASC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 5:51pm

Hi Lord Baccus

A good car subwoofer should have a sensivity of around 90 db plus 30db with 1024Wrms = 120db. You should be experimenting the boundery effect which comes from 70 hz down in the car like a Golf and closed doors and windows, as well as the microfone should be positioned 1/4 of wawe lenght, it est, box with subwoofer firing in direction of back window behind back seat. It functions like an air compressor tank in the car. Open the back door and let the sound of the sub play to outside of the car you will have what it actually plays.

The rest are side effects.

Here in Brazil they use the Linear EX mics and computer sound cards which are usable up to 170 db as per specs.

I don't know how they can measure 174 db!?  Should be something with the calibration of mic/program...

Regards,

Paulo Duto.

Lord Baccus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Baccus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 11:10pm

Hi Paulo Duto. im in Dallas TX USA and the Specs for my Monster is

owners manual says 4.0cf after displacement of woofer, without sub should be 4.25 sub displacement is 0.23, the T/S are as follows for the T4-15

Max watts 2500 Burst
RMS watts 1000
Mag. Wgt (oz) 250
V.C. Size (in) 3.0
V.C. Imp 1ohm x2
Fs (Hz) 34.04
Vas (Cu Ft ) 2.075
Qms 3.722
Qes 0.449
Qts 0.401
Xmax (in) 0.551
SPL 91
Primary Enclosure Style Ported

I built the enclosure to specs it is 4.25cf befor displacement & 4.0cf after port & Sub, tuned @ 35Hz, im only using a JL Audio 500/1 for now to break it in will be getting a JL 1000/1 soon

Thank You for having a Nice Day
 Post Reply Post Reply