Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slant Plates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 8:33pm
Just as a matter of interest. I did make some lenses that ended up with the Gauss sticker on them. The Lens in the picture was one of mine. I had an agent in France who was the Gauss distributor. So all my Concert system cabs always had Gauss in them for France. I also, at one time shared exhibition stands with Cetec, so there was always a close connection.
One way to check where lenses came from is to measure the width. JBL 36" wide. Ass lenses 28" wide.
soundforyou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundforyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:57pm
You had me going there for a minute, wheres my measuring tape????? 
Life is Now
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 2:15am
djk
nomercy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomercy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:35am
Damn you guys are good!
Building a system in Pennsylvania.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 8:45am
Well spotted Dennis.

Nomercy,you need to buy those,as it will be far easier than trying to make a pair.
Be seeing you.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:38am
They would appear to be JBL if they are 36" wide. As you must know by now JBL used cast horns and I used Fiber glass like the ones in the picture. The only thing I will add to this, is that there were 36" lenses made here in Southend  before I did them. They were made by an old PA company called S.A.A.S. (specialized acoustics and service.) They had originally had the horns cast as JBL did, but in '75 when I showed up with my new horns, they switched to fiber glass. I mention this because  the horns are definitely ASS. I sold a dozen of these Lenses in flight cases, also made by S.A.A.S. to Brit Row. (those were the days.)
soundforyou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundforyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 12:43pm
This might help recognise them, Resistors?
Life is Now
parabox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parabox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 4:22am
Sorry to revive a very dead thread but did anyone here ever get around to taking measurements   of a 2395 I've found drawings for the horn but absolutly nothing on the. Lens plates
freevox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freevox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2020 at 6:31am

all hf boxes and horns are still available new! please contact me, I am currently working for this former ASS retailer (publison paris)
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2020 at 8:46am
Are you telling you found an old stash of ASS horns? tony should hear this.. can you give me an estimate for a pair?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12