Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mac500 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mac500 problems
    Posted: 05 October 2011 at 2:11pm

Can anyone help me out with this one.I have a mac500 thats when its been on a while,usually over two hours,the shutters start to go crazy.It's normally one shutter blade that gets stuck in the open position.If the head is strobing you can hear the blades hitting the stop positions.

I have tried to realign the blades on the motor shafts,i have even changed the motors themselves,and  i have changed the driver chip.Checked the looms and they seem to be ok.

As i said this only happens when the head is after been on a while,i can send a reset from the desk and that sometimes might cure it for a while only for the shutters to start behaving erracticly again.

Iam plain out of ideas to what to try next

STLS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:00pm
Try swapping out the Eprom from another unit as it could be that what is causing the problem.

Kev @STLS
 Post Reply Post Reply