Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 baffle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1850 baffle
    Posted: 25 October 2011 at 3:57pm
Hello,

i want to built some 1850 horns and my PD 1850 drivers did not arrive yet.
Can someone tell me please the size (diameter) of the cutting hole in the baffle.

Furthermore i have a problem with the fixing holes from drivers datasheet. There are 6 Fixing Holes M8 and 8 Concealed M8. I think there is 456 mm for the 6 Fixing holes, but no dimensions for the 8 holes. Is it ok if i use just 6 holes or better to use 8?

Thank you for your help!

best regards
stephan

Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 5:58pm
http://www.precision-devices.com/asps/uploads/super/15.pdf shows you the cut out on the bottom left of pdf and id go for the 8 fixings ask one of the builders on here if they have a patten or jig for the bolt holes of the 1850.
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 6:00pm
Failing that just call pd.
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
despoiler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote despoiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 7:41am
I had a similar problem deciding what size baffle cutout I needed for Void V18-1000s in 1850 bins but when I found the correct sizes on one of their spec sheets it turned out my own estimate was midway between the 425mm for rear mounting and the 430mm for front mounting so I didnt have to scrap any of the pieces I'd already cut.
 I checked the PD1850 spec sheet in the above link and the mounting and shipping details section only gives measurements and weights but nothing about the radius and angles for fixing holes, I would imagine they are similar if not the same as the V18, the angles for 8 screws are certainly the same 45'.
V18-1000 Mounting Holes - 8 x 8mm (442mm Dia) set  45'  apart.
 Post Reply Post Reply