Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

resin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2004 at 9:19pm

Hi guys, got some info on the paints from QUATTRO.  They do 3 types:Q TUFF---More your garage floor and heavy duty stuff, Q-TYLE---Good for your boxes but the colours are limited they do have a blue but it is not like the turbosound blue.  It's more of a mid-cool blue like the sky.  The red is like the looney bins colour all the rest of the colours are light with the exception of black and grey.

The third being AQUACOAT, again the colours are not appealing to me.

I found this other company called CROMADEX another uk paint manu, that i'm going to try on monday, they have similar products like QUATTRO will keep you posted.

www.cromadex.com/

The 'drunken master' strikes again.
PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 11:57pm
Turns out that CROMADEX only sell to trade, so i ended up buying JOHNSONS EPOXY 2 BIT RESIN - TILE RED for 48 pounds for 5 litres which i thought was cheap. They also do a 2 bit water based epoxy resin for 80 pounds for 5 litres. (2 bit being the paint and hardener)
spaceman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spaceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2004 at 9:39pm
water based epoxy? surely polyeurathene?
PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 10:44pm
Bought some Epoxy 2 bit resin the colour was sh*t for the 1850 horns so, a mate of mine bought some car paint .  'French blue' looks nice costs 15 pounds a litre and is 'sh*te' in terms of scratch resistant will post some pictures soon, got in touch with this company hopefully they will match the blue.

Here is an email from Aldcroft, concerning paint.
Further to your enquiry regarding speaker paint, we have 2 products available. 
139 is a water based paint suitable for application by roller or spray, if you use textured rollers, the paint holds the application texture and is scratch resitant.  It can also be touched up if damage does occur even after a period of time, without you having to recoat the whole box.

We also have a new coating C33-27 which gives very good results when sprayed with the correct equipment, it can be rollered but does not hold the texture quite as well as the 139.  This is a self crosslinker and is therefore water-resistant after a couple of days, the product is very rapid dry, fine coat 5 mins, heavy over splatter finish potentially about 30 minutes, depending on working temps.  The scratch resistance of this is far higher than the 139.

Both are suitable for wood & MDF & can be coloured to what you require, but we do require a colour sample to be sent to us as peoples views of colour differ too much, even when they quote  RAL or Pantone shades to us.
If you require samples of black, I can send you these if you supply me with company/address details, if you would like a sample to the shade of blue, please send the colour to:
Julie Aldcroft
Aldcroft Adhesives Limited
13A Horwich Loco Industrial Estate
Chorley New Road
Bolton
BL6 5UE

Tel 01204 668282
Fax 01204 668780
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123