Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DCX2496

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DCX2496
    Posted: 13 November 2011 at 1:03pm
Pro's and Con's regarding the Behringer DCX2496.

I have a DBX Driverack PA+ right now. But i really miss a phase adjustment function and polarity swap function. As i am aware of, the Driverack PA+ does not have these functions. But the DCX2496 has.

I use alot af PEQ and a little Delay and of course the xover part, but does the DCX have enough "processing power"? I have seen that it have a percentage counter that goes down as you add more and more processing in the DCX.

Is the DCX any good compared to the Driverack PA+?

I only miss the phase adjustment and polarity swap.
Best regards... Frank
mrspeedy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrspeedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 5:00pm
There are absolutely HUNDREDS of threads like this!!!!

Just by using the search tool or googling "dcx vs driverack" i can see many arguments from this and many other forums.

For example... http://forum.speakerplans.com/dcx2496-ultradrive-vs-dbx-driverack-pa_topic27122.html
noiseboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noiseboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 8:20pm

Yes it's not really fashionable to admit Berry stuff can be good but if you read through all the threads you'll probably find the DCX has the edge. Usability, price and capability all taken into consideration.

From my own experience, I have several of these units, run them for years, never had a problem apart from... They do run quite warm, if allowed to get too hot(and I mean Hot) ie lack of ventilation, racked up next to hot amps etc they can drop out temporarily. Only ever had it happen once on a really hot day when the rack had be driving hard not stop for 16hours. I put some extra fans in the rack, never happened since.  Just something to bear in mind.

Chris
www.ctaudiovisual.co.uk
www.cornucopiafestival.co.uk
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 9:05pm
The DCX has very little processing power spare for use in PEQ especially if you make use of any 48dB slopes.
noiseboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noiseboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The DCX has very little processing power spare for use in PEQ especially if you make use of any 48dB slopes.

Ah yes very good  point, I've never run out of processing power, I don't use much PEQ so has not been a problem for me but may fall short for some applications.
www.ctaudiovisual.co.uk
www.cornucopiafestival.co.uk
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 2:14am
I'd use a DCX (with a spare in the rack) anyday of the week over a driverack, but I don't do the 48/oct thing just 24 so maybe I am not a power user in that department...

If you want brutal EQ and crossover use a BSS soundweb, if you can think of it, they do it...

Crazy Dane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 6:44am
I found out that the driverack pa+ can do what i need :) was looking for a used Omnidrive, but thats very expensive :(
Best regards... Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply