Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tms2s against flood lights 760

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:28pm
at the mo i only have 2 stacks and i use the tsw721 bins 21" ones 2 bins one top per stack crossed over at 152 between the 21 and the 12 and was amazed at how it sounded plenty of thump from the 21's aswell as a sill amount of low end if your doin dance music imo no better stack exists if you do alot of band work id proberbly go with the tsw718 bin but i will be buying more floods soon i want 8 stacks b4 il be happy i still have all the phase ali and crossover points saved somewhere if you need um when you upgrade
sound, light, trilite, stage decks, complete stage packages indoor and outdoor 07568188104 sl systems sound&light
Amplighting&sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplighting&sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:48pm
Ok nice one thank u I would be doing mostly live bands
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Amplighting&sound Amplighting&sound wrote:

So shag would it sound better if u run my tops 3way

In a word yes, the 2 way (PX-4) crossover is great but you can't time-align the 1" to the 10" and if you run a active you can control the over-lap from 10" to 1" the passive lets the 10" run to free ait where as 3 way you run 250-5k09 and the 1" is in from 3k7, whole lot is just a lot tighter...
I have a pair running on 2 x 718s in a small club that sound the dog's, wish they had the later (wider) HF waveguide but TBH for the size of the club they are great...
I've chopped all our TMS-4s over the same way..

Smile
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Originally posted by Amplighting&sound Amplighting&sound wrote:

happy new year can any one help I have 8 tms2s how many floodlights would I need to replace them .

Eight.

Really?? A Flood out-runs a TMS-3 (yes the V2!) easily and as we all know a TMS-2 is only half a TMS-3 so why 8?

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12