Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Highpass Filter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:47pm

Of course, if you build already existing designs, they will perform like intended.

In my case most existing deisgns won't fit my needs.....

freddyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 10:09pm
a diffraction slot filter in front of a hot 15"  would tend to even out hot spot and horizontal dispersion to ~60 degrees off axis - but might introduce a cavity resonance

one might muck with 7"x10" or 8"x11.5" ellipse  - oval could look "naughty" so reason nuff to use (?)

Cardboard Slot on PV http://home.earthlink.net/~buddhaboy2/PVLW
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 4:43pm

This will indeed get us bandpass characteristics. Of course higher freqs will 'escape' because the 'hole' is directly in front of the speaker... but I guess the low mids (100-250Hz) won't be good....

It's not only beaming I was talking about. It's more the fact that the mids, even if the freq plot is smooth, won't be that detailed. I have some really smooth sounding 15/2 type cabs, but it isn't comparable to 10" and smaller mids.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123