Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Earthquake plays Kilowatt sound system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 5:26pm
No one need to get jumpy. Technical only has to mean a little problem that had to get fix. Sufferer is pretty tight with Errol and as far as I know helps with the boxes, so maybe he had a chat to Errol about it.

I could hear Errol trying to drop in the subs at a time and every time there was a cut off = Technical, my guess: either a compressor prob or an amp prob. But Errol is long enough in the business to know how to fix up and did so to drop back in fully for the last hour. Professional things when you can fix up like that.

I haven't really picked up any bad vibes/criticism about the night. Both sounds were professional in their presentation, a positive night for one and all.

https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
kilowattsounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilowattsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 9:37pm

I haven't really picked up any bad vibes/criticism about the night. Both sounds were professional in their presentation, a positive night for one and all.

[/QUOTE] No bad vibes between me & Errol we just had a game of pool actually good game but Errols hand was mashed up before anyone points it out lol cant wait for next time we link up & play some tunes :-)
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 9:50pm
I was there for a few hours... good to see so many faces in the building.

Interesting night; different systems played in different ways producing different sounds (and notes).

'Hooligan-esque' type moments too - I mean who in their right mind puts up light fittings in buildings nowadays that do not have safety wires attached?? Lol.

I like individuality. Thumbs up!! (No smiley faces available at the moment!)
Bush HB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bush HB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 1:03pm
Was a Good session both sounds doing their ting, was pleasantly surprised with Kilowatt, knowing a lot about King Earthquake there was no surprise, did not know he had a technical, and he said nothing to me about a technical, long throw boxes need room to play that why I do not use my 21 in smaller venues.
Generally all I saw was happy faces, I am assisting the promotor with the dances and hopefully we can make Samsa's the venue people want to come to and enjoy themselves.
Like all those people who are Promoting Roots music if there is no support then things will stop, And those that are doing the promoting remember if you don't support a next man ting how do you expect a man to support your ting, when I can I travel all over the place to support people doing sessions from dances to shoot out but I never see the promoters of some of these session supporting thing that other do. I don't have to like a man to support what he is doing, at the end of the day you have to look at the bigger picture keeping this thing alive, there also is a need for promoters to start talking too each other so things don't happen on the same day in the same City/Town /Area killing a next man promotion.
For those that came out and supported the session the promoter humbly thank you for your attendance, as promotion goes only by your support can we do bigger and better thing and with your help we will get there Strength is in Unity, Unity is strong Jah Bless
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910