Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd 15 usb style two part horn.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:16pm
thanks guys for the thumbs up.....
https://www.elements-audio.com
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

[QUOTE=ermita]
its just me, but im not so keen on the handles in the mouth of the kick bins... but thas just me 

Its not just you! I've often thought the same. I've found that a lot of cabs that aren't huge (as in scoop or 2x18 size) are usually easily manageable without handles, especially if theres two of you, my HD215s don't have any handles and I find them quite easy to move alone and they're a piece of piss when my mate gives me a hand.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:21pm
very true njw, but try moving one on your own, and lifting it up on a stack....  there are metal bar type handles that can be used that offer a shallower finish..... but this would increase the price of each cab....
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:25pm
Routing handles in the mouth bracing is a good way to keep a clean look.

Edited by all bass - 09 March 2013 at 9:25pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:28pm
yes and no, im not a fan of cutting holes in a brace thats designed to strengthen the box and stop unwanted vibration..... a week brace = unwanted vibration..... but if a it was requested it could be done....
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:32pm
  Thats a good point about lifting one up onto a stack on your own, I very rarely run anything under my HDs so they're normally on the floor and I quite agree with you regarding bar handles, why would you pay extra for a handle made of 1mm steel when you could make them out of 18mm ply offcuts for nothing (and get a better cabinet look/finish IMO)? Smile
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:32pm
a bit of a cheap plug.......

there is a fair few of my builds and build pics posted on my fb page..... enjoy..... including hogs.....
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 10:26pm
nowt wrong with a quick free plug.... nice handy work
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 6:59pm
just for you mini mad.......

vragas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vragas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 7:53pm
very nice job Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123